Neophyte Traveler
MadTogger
Accepted Solution

Delete TomTom account

Hi,

I have a TomTom One second edition that I no longer use and wish to sell but am unsure about how it is linked to my TomTom account.

I cannot see an option to unlink it from my account, so does this mean that the new owner would not be able to use the device as it will still be registered to my account?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards..,

MT

Message 1 of 14 (8,266 Views)
Please use plain text.
Bogi
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 42

Re: Delete TomTom account

The new owner can simply create a new account for the device. Surely then all additional content you have bought for your device will be lost.

If you want to transfer such items as well (like map subscription, speedcam subscription or voices) afaik you have to involve customer support, but I don't exactly know whether they will tranfer the content.

Neophyte Traveler
MadTogger

Hi,

thanks for replying.

I have not purchased any additional content for my device, so that is fine.

It's the issue of the new owner connecting the device to their Home account that I was worried about. I thought that possibly when they tried to connect it, it would say that the device had already been registered to another account or something.

So basically you are saying that the system does not work like this, I can sell my device and the new owner will be able to use it perfectly fine without any intervention from myself or Customer Services?

Regards..,

MT

Message 3 of 14 (8,257 Views)
Please use plain text.
Bogi

In this case yes, you may reset your device to factory and the new owner then creates a new account on his own.

Neophyte Traveler
MadTogger

Thank you.

This has answered my question.

Regards..,

MT

Message 5 of 14 (8,250 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
spicer38

Hello I have purchased one Tom Tom which now I had to return and now I have purchased another one.  How can get I rid of the accounts I have created and just have 1 account.  Can someone please let me know how to do it.  I have spoken to someone over the phone with Tom Tom and now I have forgotten how to do it.

Message 6 of 14 (7,994 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Deanster

Did you ever determine how to delete/change an old account. I have the same situation. I too have replaced a unit with an upgraded one.

Thanks!

Deanster

Message 7 of 14 (6,926 Views)
Please use plain text.
Bogi

[ Edited ]

Assuming you didn't provide the buyer of your old device with the account information or you don't use your old device anymore you can link your new device to your existing account.

Only if you are ruuning two or more devices you need an account for each device.

If you want to delete the old account call customer support. I don't think there i way to do it on your own.

Neophyte Traveler
Dries

Hi

I have a similar problem. I had to exchange my TomTom due to a fault and could not use the same account so I now sit with 2 accounts linked to 2 tomTom's and never know which notification is for which devise. How can I delete my old account without having the device with me?

Dries

Message 9 of 14 (6,344 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Deanster

I eventually resolved my issue by working with TomTom's tech help via email back and forth. If I recall, they had to reset or delete something on their end to take care of this. Work with them directly to solve the issue.

Dean

Message 10 of 14 (6,338 Views)
Please use plain text.