Novice Explorer
Carlovers

Re: Top Gear Special Edition

Maybe you need to read US law,it's wrong to charge a card without intending to fulfill an order. This is straight from the FTC website, Eh...

"The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) and the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule offer protections and procedures for consumers so they don't have to pay for merchandise they ordered but never received.

In addition, many credit card issuers have policies against merchants charging a credit card account before shipment. If you think a merchant charged your account prematurely, report it to the credit card issuer. Otherwise, the credit card issuer has no way to know that the merchant is not complying with its policies."

Full text here...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm

Message 81 of 88 (1,346 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
miker2

yeah !! paypal dispute resolved.just received refund.
Message 82 of 88 (1,339 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
tompete

Ilk? Crying? Bottle?

Pot meet kettle.

Message 83 of 88 (1,318 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
bad_move_TomTom

No need for name calling but still a bad move by TomTom.  Contract was made when they accepted payment and this is confirmed by their own legal contract terms (did you read them?).  Failure to own up on Tom Tom's part shows their true level of integrity (or lack thereof) as a company.  Look's like I'll be stickin with Garmin after all. 

Message 84 of 88 (1,216 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
TomtomFan1

[ Edited ]

bad_move_TomTom wrote:

No need for name calling but still a bad move by TomTom.  Contract was made when they accepted payment and this is confirmed by their own legal contract terms (did you read them?).  Failure to own up on Tom Tom's part shows their true level of integrity (or lack thereof) as a company.  Look's like I'll be stickin with Garmin after all. 

I agree.  I'm picking up a Garmin Nuvi 50LM today actually, and if in the future anyone asks my opinion before buying a GPS, I will only recommend Garmin.

Message 85 of 88 (1,200 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
tompete

[ Edited ]

I'm sure TomTom will pay a lot of attention to the Customer Satisfaction survey they sent yesterday.

Surprisingly, there was no question: "We blew you off as a customer, but would you recommend us to others?"

Message 86 of 88 (1,173 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
MJZ7

STORY ON CNN NEWS iReports Re: Tom Tom PR Disaster! Class Action?

To view click on link or copy and paste into your browser:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-745576

I don't have a FaceBook or Twitter etc to post this there , So If someone feels moved to do so, please do.

Message 87 of 88 (1,166 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
ssilveyii

I paid with Paypal and the money was taken from my account on Febuary 2nd.  I STILL do not have a refund and customer service refuses to work with me!

Message 88 of 88 (1,148 Views)
Please use plain text.