Zsolt
Kudos: 2,406
Solutions: 554

Re: Top Gear Special Edition

Have you seen the cheeky buggers? Changed the specs on most of the units... At the memory card slot you will find this now: SD Slot Yes* - *Will be enabled with a new, free Software release How nice is that from Tomtom to enable it via a FREE software update. However we don't know yet when...again... Maybe by 2020

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 51 of 88 (1,364 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
otherwisebusy

I love that he receives complaints about his stereotypes of Mexico and Scotland.  I'm from the US and we all bust up laughing when he referrs to Americans being fat.  If the UK does not want him we will have him over here in the US.  I would love it if TT would add a Jezza comment for US models for whenever we pass a McDonalds or other fast food place.

TomTom Go 1535 Live TopGear Edition
Message 52 of 88 (1,344 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
jimskii

very witty oterwisebusy - youve got a good sense of humour !!

Message 53 of 88 (1,329 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
krusty

Why is it not possible to buy a tomtom now with the itinerary feature. I was hoping to be able to upgrade my tomtom one for the top gear live but as it has no itinerary function it will be useless and as such I will simoly be spending the £33 to upgrade the maps rather than waste £150 on a new tomtom such a shame.
Message 54 of 88 (1,299 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

You can add 4 waypoints to a trip but that's about it. Can't save the route as an Itinerary and certainly not 48 waypoints possible as with the older models............. :smileymad:

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 55 of 88 (1,295 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
krusty

do any of the models have the ability to do itinerary planning? If not it looks like the upgraded maps for the tomtom one. Shame really as I was looking forward to getting a newer model with the bluetooth included
Message 56 of 88 (1,288 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,048
Solutions: 222

Hi krusty

Unfortunately none of the newest device models have a full itinerary planning, hopefully TomTom will be developing this feature so it would make a come back in the future.

Message 57 of 88 (1,274 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Quick update:

"Dear Zsolt,

Thank you for your co-operation. This is Xxxxx again.

The reference number for your query is xxxxxx-xxxxxx.

I would like to inform you that the SD card feature will be available in the end of January 2012 or mid to end February 2012.

I would like to inform you that you will be able to use the SD card on your device.

Many apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

If you do have any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of my colleagues and we will be more than happy to help.

We will be waiting for your reply.

With Kind Regards

Xxxxx
The TomTom Customer Care Team"

We will see to that...

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 58 of 88 (1,245 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
diegoc

lol are they really going to release 3 and have people look for them?

Where did you see this?

Dinocko autowerkz
Message 59 of 88 (1,187 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Where did who see what? If you asked me, this was the reply from the customer services.

Message 60 of 88 (1,185 Views)
Please use plain text.