Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

Re: Top Gear Special Edition

That, at least, is more than I've been able to get out of anyone from TomTom...

Message 31 of 88 (1,422 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Edwood

Despite my many emails and phone calls to cancel, my USA order has shipped.  :smileyindifferent:

If my credit card company does indeed reject the charge, TomTom better **bleep** well provide prepaid return.  I'm not spending a dime on returning this thing. 

Message 32 of 88 (1,394 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Jasontho

Figures, I still want mine and I'm still waiting for it to ship!

Message 33 of 88 (1,388 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

I sent an angry but polite email today through the Customer Service "ask a question" form; an hour later I got a form email saying my unit had shipped and would be delivered "within four business days, within seven days in non-EU countries."

Since: (a) the UPS tracking number does not work and doesn't even seem to be the right format for a UPS tracking number; (b) the invoice for the shipment originates from Cambridge, Massachusetts and not Holland or the UK, and thus has nothing to do with the EU; and (c) I paid express/overnight shipping rates, well, all of that leaves me less than confident that the form letter is accurate...

Message 34 of 88 (1,380 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Edwood

Mine was shipped via FedEx (in the USA).  I picked the cheapest shipping option.

-Ed

Message 35 of 88 (1,375 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Jasontho

Mine was shipped the minute I got on the phone with someone from TomTom support. It's currently in Texas. I got the cheapest shipping also. The email said it was coming from UPS but I guess it was wrong since the tracker is working with fedex and not with UPS.

Message 36 of 88 (1,361 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

Thanks; when I went to FedEx instead of using the links TomTom embedded in their email, the package turned up just fine. The fact that TomTom's automated system can't be bothered to tell the difference between FedEx and UPS when sending out emails, though, gives me grave concerns about the product. If they program the box the same way they've programmed their automated customer service, I may end up in Atlantis...

Message 37 of 88 (1,352 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Edwood

Well, instead of it saying "Recalculating"  it should have Jeremy screaming, "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAAAAAY!!!!"

Message 38 of 88 (1,347 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

OK, it arrived today- by FedEx two-day service, not overnight. "Express" means different things to different people.

The machine seems to work; it had the cord and charger in the box; the SD slot is present, or something that looks much like one anyway. Interestingly, it seems that my stretch of highway, way out in the woods, does not have box numbers entered into whatever database TomTom uses; it couldn't find my house when I keyed in the address.

And some features, it appears, will have to wait until I get closer to whatever cellular service network TomTom LIVE uses.

But I have it, it is more or less as advertised, and I'll stop whining now- except to point out that I never have learned what the delay was.

Message 39 of 88 (1,294 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,337
Solutions: 542

Hiya,

About some of those missing options/features, you can check up other topics (just like this: http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-GO-800-1000-2000-Via/I-Want-The-Functionality-I-Paid-For/td-...)

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 40 of 88 (1,283 Views)
Please use plain text.