Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

Re: Top Gear Special Edition

It wasn't my intention to channel Jezza. If it had been, I would have included at least one metaphor involving the body parts of a famous British supermodel/actress, a simile involving something almost, but not quite totally unrelated to the subject at hand, vaguely prejudiced Anglocentric remarks about the national stereotypes involved (plus a few not involved), and the phrase, about midway through: "... or IS it?"

But I'm not far from channelling Hammond, at this point.

Message 21 of 88 (1,588 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Edwood

"TomTom has the worst company support........ IN THE WORLD!"

LOL, nice one.

And on that Bombshell.....It's time to call my credit card company.

Message 22 of 88 (1,584 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
lieght

These guys are terrible..

I placed an order more than a week ago. I called and emailed to Tomtom to cancel the order but they told me that they CANT??

They told me to just refuse the delivery and they will give me a full refund which will probably take another 7 days after I refuse the delivery! how unconvenient! 

I don't know why they can't cancel the order when they haven't processed the payment and they haven't shipped the nav.

Message 23 of 88 (1,552 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Edwood

Call your credit card company or bank and tell them to refuse/do a chargeback. it's what I ended up having to do.
Message 24 of 88 (1,546 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
lieght

I used a debit card, can I still call the debit card company and refuse the payment? 

Message 25 of 88 (1,543 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

Debit cards are nothing like as easy to challenge or charge-back as credit cards are. Best talk with your bank- IMMEDIATELY. If you wait too long, the odds are that the bank will treat the money as transferred, too late, too bad so sad.

Message 26 of 88 (1,538 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,301
Solutions: 537

Even to the UK it took just over two weeks and got it from Holland. As soon as it got posted via UPS the delivery was fairly quick. As per the CS, they ran out of stock and were awaiting for the new stock. Worst case scenario, you can get some from a popular auction site, but obviously the price is much more... Be careful, as long as it is the US or EU version, you are good to go, but the UK version has only 2GB of memory!!! Do not buy any with FT serial so far as the SD slot is de-activated yet. Later on those will be just as good as well.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 27 of 88 (1,520 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

I haven't the budget to go with a jacked-up eBay price, nor (with this current experience) the good faith in TomTom. If they don't deliver this order, with this product, all specifications as promoted, my money will go to another company entirely.

Message 28 of 88 (1,514 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
KrisOverstreet

Out of curiosity, has ANYONE ordering from the USA got one of these yet? Or even notice of shipment?

Message 29 of 88 (1,480 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Jasontho

I've been waiting for mine to ship,since I ordered t October 9th! I am in the US and they replied to my support email that they are waiting for it to get to the wherehouse to ship. That was a week and a half ago. Still nothing. Getting very frustrated.
Message 30 of 88 (1,444 Views)
Please use plain text.