Novice Explorer
adds

Re: New software update for HOME PNDs - v9.400

An update..just had second response from tt and now they call me by a different name..if customer support get it wrong what chance do we have..garmin is getting close..
Message 61 of 101 (1,604 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
bamnj

I tried used my backup but when you try to get new maps it makes you reinstal version 9.4

Any other ideas. The new version is terrible

Message 62 of 101 (1,503 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
adeharding

Are there any plans for updates to the Eclipse/Toyota TNS410 which is near enough the same as the units that have been updated.

Thanks

Message 63 of 101 (1,494 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
mikewh13

I hope this is the correct forum to post this problem.  I have just opened Tom Tom Home to be told there is a new software version which I have downloaded.  I am now using version 2.8.3.2499 on a windows 7 computer. When I connect the device I get a problem that windows detects an unknown device.  Where can I get a driver that windows will recognize?  My device which is a Go 920 worked fine before this Home update. Many thanks.  Mike

Message 64 of 101 (1,494 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Try using the reset hole on the bottom of the unit and then connect again.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 65 of 101 (1,487 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
mikewh13

Thanks, that's done the trick .

Message 66 of 101 (1,479 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
bamnj

Just spent the last hour on the phone with tech support after which they tell me there is no way to get back to the previous version (stuck with 9.4) even though it is downloaded on my computer. If you have the previous version he said there is no wasy to get map updates

Message 67 of 101 (1,471 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
adds

There is no reset button on 940?
Message 68 of 101 (1,462 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Basileuo

Well I have now used the device with the new display for a fairly long and unkown journey.  I can say now for definate that whilst some elements are an improvement, text size for speed etc. overall the loss of so much of the screen is a compromise that makes this update bad.

If you apply the bar to the side of the screen, particularly when using the TMC attachment, you lose where the direction arrow points on a roundabout so it is not easy to determine where your exit is in advance so making last minute corrections inevitable or worse still taking the wrong exit. When the bar is at the bottom of the screen too much of the area through which you are moving is lost so making it difficult to confirm your position.

Sorry but this is the worst update I have had, very disappointing, please please please give the ability to make the bars smaller, or revert to the origional bar.

If I had wanted a sat nav that only gave written and audible information I would not have bought the TomTom I would have looked for something else.

Message 69 of 101 (1,458 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
adds

At least you have something..all i have is a few mails apologising and a complemtory update that didnt work..one week on and still no live services..that garmin looks like a good deal..comon tomtom i thought you were better than this.
Message 70 of 101 (1,443 Views)
Please use plain text.