Community Manager
Ditte

New software update for HOME PNDs - v9.400

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

The software update applies to the following devices:

(UK): ONE IQ Routes Edition and Pearl, XL IQ Routes Edition / XL IQ Routes Edition 2 / XL (IQ Routes) Classic, XL IQ Routes LIVE, XXL / XXL Classic, Start 2 / Start Classic / Start XL but not Start 1, GO x20, GO x30, GO x40 LIVE, GO x50

(US/CAN): GO Classic, ONE, ONE-S, XL 335 LE/ SE/SE-TM, XL 350, XXL 550, START 40/ 45/ 50/ 55, GO 720, GO 920, GO 730, GO 930, GO 740 Live, RIDER, RIDER2, ONE XL, ONE XL S, GO 300, EASE, ONEv3/ 3rd edition, ONEv2/ new edition)

We have improved the explanation about the data you share with TomTom, and the settings required for you to give permission and share data from your device. You can read more here.

• All supported devices now have an improved status bar with different tabs similar to most recent devices, and a clearer indication of the speed limit.
  • If you use your device at about the same time every day your device will find your current location faster when you first start your device. This improvement is for all compatible devices except the GOx20 and GOx30 devices, and LIVE devices which get QuickGPSfix over the air.
  •  If you have a LIVE device and a valid subscription, speed camera locations, both fixed and mobile, are now delivered over-the-air.

To read the full release notes click here for UK and here for US.

Thank you for your attention,

-Ditte

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 1 of 101 (5,607 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Prippie

Re: New software update for HOME PNDs - v9.400

When I shut off my car the TomTom 750 shutsdown, but when I start my car the TomTom is not turning on.

With Navcore 9.061 it work fine, why not with Navcore 9.400...This is wy I stay to Navcore 9.061

Sorry for my bat Englisch...:smileymad:

Message 2 of 101 (5,526 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
Exalted Navigator
Kex

Well, I DID get the update for my XL 340 TM, which doesn't seem to be in the "official" list above. Version is now 9.400.851694.2. There are some nifty improvements, that I like on my newer (MyTomTom updated) devices, but:

• I am not being offered speed camera updates any more, even though this is not a LIVE device, so cannot receive them over the air. I wonder if this is a bug.
  • Tapping on the next turn direction area in the status bar no longer brings up the volume control as before, but switches between 2D and 3D view. I think this could have been left as it was before, and as it still is on the newer devices, so this might be a minor annoyance for those (1) used to the old method, and (2) those also using newer devices who would have preferred the method to be similar for both.
  • Tapping on the speed limit and current speed area in the status bar now brings up the volume control. I think this could have controlled the switch between 2D and 3D view instead, as it does in the newer devices.

I did NOT get the update for XL 340S LIVE, which isn't listed above (so that must be normal for the U.S. XL LIVE models). Version has remained as 9.058.568435.2

______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ _____ ______ ______
TomTom XL 340S LIVE & XL 340TM (RDS-TMC) & GO LIVE 2535M - in daily L.A. Traffic
Message 3 of 101 (5,487 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
fof

How can I switch off the terrible BIG icon on the left side that is supposed to be used for reporting speed camera? I do not use this service, and I do not want to have this nasty thing on my screen all the time.

On other thing: PLEASE warn the user that the whole bin-folder will be replaced, and all user-installed programs will be deleted. That's no problem if you have a recent backup, but at least people should know!

Message 4 of 101 (5,451 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
philm13

Ditte

is there going to be a software update for Carminat (or any other) built-in PNDs?

Message 5 of 101 (5,384 Views)
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Ditte

philm13 wrote:

Ditte

is there going to be a software update for Carminat (or any other) built-in PNDs?

Hi philm,

Very relevant question! :smileyhappy:

I'm sorry to inform you that I currently don't have any information on this. As soon as I know something I will post in the built-in board :smileyhappy:

Thank you,

Ditte

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 6 of 101 (5,384 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
SProbert

Is it possible to remove the 2D/3D option on the new "improved" status bar? I hardly ever switch between these two views, and would much prefer to have the old status bar back. It's a waste of space in the middle of the screen, that has left the useful information cramped.

If not, I would like to roll back to the previous version.

Message 7 of 101 (5,341 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Basileuo

[ Edited ]

I have just updated to the latest Software  App9.400.851694.1 and would like to say how disappointed I am that you have increased the size of the 'Side Bar' to the extent that it is taking up so much of the screen.  When I have my RDS Traffic plugged in as well the screen size is really compromised and now very difficult to read, I need to know how to revert to the previous software which I find much better.

Far from the new status bar being an improvement I believe it to be far worse than the previous one and would like to go back.

The toggle on the front screen for 2D/ 3D is a total waste of time and is something that I will not use either.

Also every time the unit is switched off the settings for the screen revert to 'Night Colours' and you have to go into  'Change Preferences' to turn it back to 'Day Colours' next time you turn on.

For the first time a VERY disappointed Tom Tom user.

Message 8 of 101 (5,326 Views)
Please use plain text.
Bogi
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 42

If you have a backup you can easily revert back.

Did you check whether yo have set the day/night switching to automatic ?

Neophyte Explorer
Basileuo

Hi thanks for the prompt reply, where is the setting for that? I don't recall having to do that before
Message 10 of 101 (5,317 Views)
Please use plain text.