Apprentice Explorer
Aloha_Pete

Re: New HD Traffic live traffic map

Looks nice... Any way I can see that on my tomtom at the beginning of a trip...ahead of the traffic report for my trip?

Pete

Message 11 of 29 (1,896 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
jbourne

Looks good - any way to tell if there are really no issues in the area I'm looking at or if there's simply no coverage there?  (Scrolled up to where I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada - don't THINK there's coverage here... but can't tell).

----------------------------------------------------------
TomTom GO 2535TM WTE (2011-Present)
TomTom GO 920 (2008-2011)
Message 12 of 29 (1,875 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Nope, no LIVE traffic or other LIVE services in Canada.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 13 of 29 (1,867 Views)
Please use plain text.
jonstrong
Topics: 20
Kudos: 193
Solutions: 5

dhn wrote:

Nope, no LIVE traffic or other LIVE services in Canada.

I imagine part of the complication comes from the need for roaming agreements between AT&T and Rogers for those devices (like the 2535 M Live) that depend on GPRS for Live Services.

- Jon

TomTom Go Live 2535M
Message 14 of 29 (1,839 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

I'd think so, Jon.

We don't have a very competitive telecomm market here (just three national companies, two besides Rogers) so I expect TT is not willing to pay the premium price I'm sure demanded of them.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 15 of 29 (1,835 Views)
Please use plain text.
jonstrong
Topics: 20
Kudos: 193
Solutions: 5

dhn wrote:

I'd think so, Jon.

We don't have a very competitive telecomm market here (just three national companies, two besides Rogers) so I expect TT is not willing to pay the premium price I'm sure demanded of them.

I suspect you're right -- when billion dollar companies like Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T won't absorb the fees on behalf of their roaming US mobile phone customers who enter Canada, I can't imagine that TomTom would be able or willing to.

- Jon

TomTom Go Live 2535M
Message 16 of 29 (1,833 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Peter68

Why cant we see all the traffic info of europe on general map before creating trip like online?

Message 17 of 29 (1,779 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
pyrmont25

Great but it would be amazing if you got the thing to work on your products! Cannot get HD Traffic to work after 24 hours on my Live 1000. New customer and NOT impressed.

"Cannot connect to Live Services. Please try again later" Sound familiar?

Your live traffic would be great if I could attach my laptop to my windscreen.

Not just me either.

Message 18 of 29 (1,683 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
RootBand

Hi this is my first day in the forum so please excuse if I am missing something here.

I have just had a very brief look at Traffic live for my local area (leeds) and can't believe that one of the worst ON GOING traffic problems is the huge road works on Kirkstall Road and there is no mention of this whatsoever in spite of the fact this has been going on for weeks.

Why would that be?

Message 19 of 29 (1,553 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
Exalted Navigator
Kex

[ Edited ]

RootBand, HD Traffic data shows unexpected delays and traffic only, not areas where there is traffic and delays all the time. It's important to differentiate between HD Traffic incidents which use "live" information, and IQ Routes data, which estimates expected travel times according to historical data collected from users. This will be different according to the time of the day and the day of the week. So, if that problem in Leeds is now normal, then it would be already included in IQ Routes data. There would be no LIVE HD Traffic incident, since the traffic is not unexpected. This also means that TomTom traffic solutions are actually better than they appear, since so much data about expected delays is invisible on the map.

Expected travel times through an area such as you described would reflect the delays (if there was no alternative route that was faster). IQ Routes expected travel times may be invisible on the HD Traffic map, but they are still used in the calculation of fastest routes on your TomTom.

EDIT: P.S. Welcome to TomTom Discussions! Beware the dark side!

______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ _____ ______ ______
TomTom XL 340S LIVE & XL 340TM (RDS-TMC) & GO LIVE 2535M - in daily L.A. Traffic
Message 20 of 29 (1,535 Views)
Please use plain text.