npa
Novice Explorer
npa

Re: Windows mobile 7 phone

[ Edited ]

I put my WP7 phone above ANY nav system.

So now that Navigon got an app out for WP7, I'll give it a try and if I like it I am done with TomTom.

TomTom - get it sorted out now....

Message 41 of 61 (1,339 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Gerhard-London

Yep

I used to have TomToa 910.

then i bought it for the Iphone, couldnt get it for android, now finnally i arrived back on Windows Phones and what a schock, not tomtom available!!

Will there be one?

If so when?

Message 42 of 61 (973 Views)
Please use plain text.
JQL
Novice Explorer
JQL

[ Edited ]

Erm... TomTom are you following Blackberries lead on this? It didn't work for them big time and it's only putting me off waiting.

Sorry, but unless something is announced soon I'll be defecting to a different brand. A year is quite long enough to wait without any news.

2006 E-TEN M700 Windows Mobile 6 (upgrade) TomTom 6.010
Message 43 of 61 (961 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
P_Lonka

Sorry Ditte, but you didn't actually give an answer.  You told us that when TT eventually make a decision as to whether or not there will be a WP7 version, you will tell us your decision in a press release. Well this thread started over 10 months ago, so are we any closer to a decision yet? Or should we all just forget about Tom Tom and buy an alternative product? I would have tought that in the current economic climate, the company should be looking to maximise its customer base rather than ignoring all us loyal former Navigator users.

Message 44 of 61 (532 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Gerhard-London

It is getting seriously weary keeping waiting for something that obviously wont ever happen.

In November I have been told something will happen a few weeks later but running out of patience in December I purchased the Navigator Europe, Its more complicated not nearly as good but it gets one to the destination.

Also, Garmin has a pre release for the US, maybe thats why TomTom doesnt bother doing a WP7 APP itself.

Message 45 of 61 (519 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Hanzzzz

[ Edited ]

I now have HTC touch cruise II with TomTom build in and very happy with it. Problem is there is no replacement on the market with the same functions. Frankly I don't care what the OS is I just need als least the same functionality. That is.

- TomTom with the ability to plan and share complex routes with 30 waypoints or more.

- Resistance touch screen (not the capacitive one doesn't work with motrobike gloves)

- Ability to sync contacts and agenda with outlook of google.

- Ability to make phone calls.

- Surf the internet.

- One device

Apple I-Phone out the window on the first two points where the first one is a real shame.

O, the special motorbike TomTom versions. Can't make a phone call with it, can't surf the internet and can't see my agenda.

Give me an alternative,Either by supporting TT on a popular platform like Android of WM or otherwise by make a ruggadize version with HTC like Garmin with the Asus Phone.

Message 46 of 61 (507 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Flying_Kiwi

I don't think the reason why there's no TTN for WP7 has anything to do with customer demand or even a gap in the market place. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that Microsoft and TomTom were involved in a court case not to long ago!

On the topic of a TomTom App for Windows Phone 7, The Managing Director for TomTom (Corinne Vigreux) said (in an artical published in May Last year at PocketGPSWorld dot com) "For Windows Phone we are not planning to release anything." That seems pretty unequivocal to me and it's yet one more reason I'll be sticking with my WM 6.0 phone and not upgrading. "Yet another reason" because there's a long list of essential features starting with Internet Connection Sharing and microSD Card support that the Windows Phone 7 devices have done away with (at least so far from what I've seen). I expect an upgrade phone to show progress in terms of functionality and features (not just style) and I certainly don't expect useful things to be taken away.

Of course sometimes people reconsider when it comes to releasing new products but I wouldn't be counting on that!

Using TomTom Navigator 7 on a vintage HTC TyTN II (from 2007)
Message 47 of 61 (489 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
njonesn

I’m still hopeful for TT for WP7 however have purchased Navigon Europe which is fairly decent for £50 (discounted when I purchased). I do have to say that it is missing the ability to enter a destination by Postcode, which is beyond belief, however I have been assured that it is coming. My guess is that Garmin wanted Navigon for WP out as close to the Wp7.5 release as they can. When/if TT is released I will consider it however given my experience with Navigon it needs to be fully featured and cheap.

FYI, Internet Connection sharing available on WP7.5 if you buy the right handset. If it is not present on a handset its not MS removing the feature it’s the handset OEM.
Agree, disappointed with the lack of SD card slot however I have the Mozart and it’s the best phone I have ever had, and I have used iPhone and Android handsets. It is a shame you cannot trial a handset; I think most people, especially those still on WM6.x will be blown away by it. The Apps available are also a disappointment, re the thread, however I am sure this will improve over time.

Message 48 of 61 (485 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Gerhard-London

Well

If TomTom doesnt want to stay in the app market lets hopefor Garmin to come up soon with the the europe app for WP7.

Whats the point hoping for a system to go with time if they want to stay behind.
Good for anyone else. 

Good luck TT

Message 49 of 61 (481 Views)
Please use plain text.
FOS
Novice Explorer
FOS

So TT, are we betraying our loyal users? - Im a Navigator customer from version 2, upgraded tot 3,4,5 and 6. And now I have a new Windows 7 Phone and ...? switch to gpstuner.com, nokia's free navigaton? I dont want, I want TT vor W7!!!!

The mentioned alternative - keeping your WM6 with navigator is not an option for new users; Navigator is not for sale anymore, Traffic subscriptions are not available anymore, Map subscriptions are not available - WTF is TT thinking?

Message 50 of 61 (451 Views)
Please use plain text.