Solutions: 42

Re: Why is TomTom AWOL on Android?

There is no Android version of TomTom currently available

Novice Explorer
Tommy3090

+1 as well.

TT on Android with HD traffic will be unbeatable :smileyhappy:

If they can do it for the Iphone with HD & on WM7 without HD, Android MUST be next.

It's a no brainer .......

HTC Desire S - Vodafone
Android 4.0.4
TT Ver 1.0 (1072278)
Western Europe map version v895.4453
Message 12 of 105 (5,152 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
steinom

[ Edited ]

Any who can estimate when TomTom will be avable for Android?

Android is the world leading OS for PPC, can not understand why not TomTom is avable for that OS.

Please inform when TT will be avable :robothappy:

Device Desire HD

Message 13 of 105 (5,127 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
MadBob

My live services run out in 6 months, once they are finished I move to navigon. Why? Because I have a galaxy s phone and I am fed up with carrying two devices around. So for me it will be ' tomtom not on android - no tomtom in my car'.
Message 14 of 105 (5,005 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
RamsfanJim

Just to reiterate the points on this forum. I have been a generally happy TomTom user on Windows smartphones for the past 4 years - always with the latest maps, cameras, traffic & voices. I have also paid for both Navigator 6 & 7 software.

I have always recommended TomTom to family and friends as the best Sat Nav available.

However, I recently upgraded to an Android device (as Windows 7 is a backward step) and immediately contacted TomTom to purchase TT7 for Android. I am amazed TomTom is accepting loss of Market share by not bringing out a compatible version. 

I have now purchased CoPilot, and after taking time initially to get used to it, I have found a number of features which are better than TomTom (e.g. turn-by-tun road names announcement), and may well not now return to TomTom. I find it galling that my traffic & camera subscriptions are running out without me using them, but TomTom were not prepared to even put my account on hold - so I suspect you have now lost a dedicated customer (and many more).

Message 15 of 105 (4,960 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
nubbin

I agrre with all of the above. I used to be an avid TomTom fan, and navigated in europe many times on high speed driving holidays, but since the relative demise of Windows on mobile platforms, I defected to the Android format (I'm sorry, but there is now way I am smug and self-satisfied enough to use any Apple/iPhone product!),  I have been using several other very competent applications, including CoPilot, Sygic, and now Sygic Aura.

However, I still think that TomTom has the best routing software, and just about the best, and most intuitive interface. Why, oh why, did TomTom nail it's colours to the iPhone mast? Since even the Blackberry outsells the iPhone, wasn't that a very poor marketing decision?

Come on TT, get with the programme!!

Oh, by the way will you please go to Navteq, and drop the expensive mistake that is TeleAtlas?

Message 16 of 105 (4,897 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
v6mikey

+1 on the Tomtom app for android.

I now use an Android phone and have tried nearly all the other turn by turn navigation software.  Tomtom still rules the roost for me.  I dual boot windows mobile and android so I can still use tomtom.  But it would be great if I didnt need to.

Sygic Aura so far is the best alternative but still not as good as tomtom.

Message 17 of 105 (4,813 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
MadB0b

Ah well, afrter waiting 4 years decided it was all a complete washout, stuck my tomtom in the drawer two weeks ago and bought Navigon for SGS. ta ta.

Decided not to even bother waiting for the 6 months Live Services expiry and just bought the android software.

And you know what, Navigon is just as good IMO.

Good luck to the rest of you hope TomTom don't go under with all the competition and Android outselling other Phone OS's by a huge amount. I would be sad to see them disappear as they have been very good up until now.

Message 18 of 105 (4,172 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Pilot

Is there anyone at TomTom reading these complaints???? Nothing is getting sorted with Android, a deafening silence is the arrogant answer, apparantly...

Message 19 of 105 (3,918 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
Marcel

I’m afraid I cannot add anything new to the discussion that has taken place here. TomTom does not have a navigation app for Android, but of course we recognize the growth of the Android platform and have been creating partnerships to leverage our map content on the Android platform. E.g. our deal with HTC: http://corporate.tomtom.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=520493 and a more recent one with Route66 (which is waiting to be launched in the Android App store): http://corporate.tomtom.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=549627.

We’ll keep you updated on any Android news.

Message 20 of 105 (3,824 Views)
Please use plain text.