06-06-2012 07:14 PM
Thanks for the reply Vinnie100. I downloaded Pocket Controller-Pro (nice and free for demo) and followed the steps but,
I got the same as rdstewart - 3 downloads and the last one (NtpList) fails with a protocol error.
We are sooooo.... close here.
06-06-2012 07:26 PM
You can try a soft reset after the erase off the mentioned lines in the regfile. Are U all using the 6515 or 6915 device? If so it is very strange that you get still this annoying error.
It is supposed to download after the change only the lto.dat file.
06-06-2012 09:01 PM
It's a 6515c.
I must be getting old (not trying a reset) but saying that I still get the same error after a reset
Drat ! I will have to come back to this in a couple of days - I'm out of time for now.
Kudos to vinnie
06-06-2012 11:57 PM
Well, I'll explain the steps that I have done, following the instructions in Vinnie100, but with some modifications. First, I have an IPAQ 6515 and I used Resco software to edit the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Global Locate\Lto Manager\Files. I initially followed the directions, which explained Vinnie100 in her first post. I managed to update QUICK GPS. I started the TomTom and quickly recognized the satellites, but the navigator towards a continuous "blinking" on display, what was not something desirable. I did several tests later, and after several attempts I managed the QUICK GPS update, leaving stable the navigator display. Today I tried it with a trip of 150 Km and it was perfectly. 10 Minutes ago, I went to update QUICK GPS and it was perfectly (I do it with 7day, as Vinnie100 says). What modifications I did? Therefore on the basis of the foregoing by Vinnie did the following:
1.-In the value for LocalPath_1 the only thing I did was delete the last character of the string (in this case the letter "t" of .txt).
2- Value for RemotePath_1 did the same that in step 1.
3.-The value of the LastDownloadTime_1 key to leave it exactly as it was.
4.-The value of the MinRefreshCycle_1 key delete it (Note: the value only, but not the key).
5.- The value of the RefreshCycle_1 key delete it (Note: the value only, but not the key).
And everything went perfect. QUICK GPS has updated to 7 days, the browser detected satellites in a few seconds and the trip with TomTom Navigator was correct.
PS: The update is done with data files, although in the end we get a protocol error, because the .txt file is not defined in the corresponding path (steps 1 and 2 above), but has no importance, since the data are updated and thus may be later, running and perfectly detecting satellites.
07-06-2012 08:34 PM
Another approach is to fool the software and make LocalPath_1 the same as LocalPath_2. Also make Remotepath_1 the same as Remotepath_2. You get still the error at the end but the hole setting for software working is original.
Give it a try.
Sea my setting with this mod.
08-06-2012 08:49 PM - edited 08-06-2012 09:06 PM
Hi to all!
I just faced with this problem and want to share my solution.
The solution of vinnie is correct (at least at the time of his writting) but things have changed a little bit more since then.
Not just svstatus.txt is removed from the file repo, but now the other problem is that the file that lists NtpList.txt (network time protocol) servers is also removed from the server. Looks like they have made some changes in their protocol so we must follow.
The following works for me (at least for now):
Simply open some registry editor (I'm using Resco) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Global Locate\Lto Manager\Files and remove the keys which ends with 1 and 2 (LastDownloadTime_1/2, LocalPath_1/2 etc.) and everything should work normally again.
08-06-2012 09:29 PM - edited 08-06-2012 09:29 PM
Your right, just downloading the lto.dat file and updating the time.txt gives no error and a stable download.
Thats it, i hope its not changing again on the download site.
08-06-2012 11:12 PM
Thanks, everyone. Now working. I was still getting the ProtocolError with vgfeit's suggestion, so tried something different - copied item 3 to item 1, then deleted items 2 and 3. This works now without any error.
09-06-2012 05:01 PM - edited 09-06-2012 05:01 PM
Nice its working with you to. Still stange that my original option will not work for everyone.
Erase the following:
LocalPath_1 value=\Application Data\Global Locate\Gpsct\svstatus.txt
RemotePath_1 value= 2day/latest/svstatus.txt
Priority_1 value= 50
With this setting all still working whith me;