Apprentice Traveler
PhotoDB
Accepted Solution

Unable to sync to either TomTom My Sports or MapMyFitness

Followed all the steps in the support guide and have active accounts on both websites.  Unfortunately, neither site will pull in the data from my TomTom Runner watch.  

I set up MySports to upload and export MySportsActivity, MapMyFitness, KML, FIT, GPX, and TCX files. "Automatically Open" checkboxes appeared next to MapMyFitness and KML only.  

Each time I attach my watch, I see the "Transferring" progress bar, but I never get any updates on either TomTom MyFitness or MapMyFitness websites.

Looking in my FileExplorer, I see only two files transferred to my computer - a kml file and a ttbin file.  MapMyFitness won't import either of these, so I can't even update my information there manually.  The GPX file, which MapMyFitness would accept, is not being downloaded to my computer either.

Help please.

Message 1 of 14 (2,552 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
Expert (Multi-Sport)
Jürgen

Re: Unable to sync to either TomTom My Sports or MapMyFitness

The export options only work for activities you do after you have enabled them.

To re-export older activities, you need to double-click them .ttbin file (and I hope you're not on a Mac because there that trick doesn't work yet).

Message 2 of 14 (2,542 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
PhotoDB

Got it - the double click solved everything.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 14 (2,538 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Jbuns7

Dear Jurgen,

Hello,

I have had recent problems today with my uploading data.  Just like the person above I too saw my transferring bar transferring and when I went into the folder there are usually three files, a .url file, .kml file, and a .ttbin file.  However my third run which was my best did not transfer to My Sports or Map My Fitness.  It is missing the .url file.  AND I have a MAC.  What do I do?

Frustrated,

Please Help Me,

Jenny Stevens

Message 4 of 14 (2,515 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
Expert (Multi-Sport)
Jürgen

Hi Jenny,

The double-click feature is not yet supported on a Mac. I have solved it for myself as follows:

I sent the ttbin file from my Mac at home to my work email where I use Windows. You can as well use a memory stick. TomTom MySports Connect needs to be installed. The export settings are stored on your watch and will be carried across. Once the settings are adopted on the Windows computer, click the folder button in MySports connect. Create a folder for the date of your activity and copy the ttbin file into that folder. Then double-click the ttbin file.

This is a work-around for the time being.

Regards,

Jürgen

Message 5 of 14 (2,470 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
RunningRay

I have a Mac and understand that there is a solution for PC users. However, I don't think that the problem is solved yet.

I have the .kml and .ttbin file for today's run but am missing the .url file. Help!

Message 6 of 14 (2,276 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Nisnmrk

I have a Mac and have encountered the same problem.  However, I suspect you have to close all browsers before opening tomtomconect and plugging in your watch.  Since I made sure my browser was closed (google chrome) I have had six successful uploads without a hitch.  Unfortunately, I am unable to retrieve my three earlier runs which are in "unprocessed" files.

I would welcome feedback from other Mac users who try uploading after closing all browsers.  Maybe I have just been lucky lately.

Thanks,

Nisene

Message 7 of 14 (2,269 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
zjmillimet

So I am a Mac user and when I have connected my watch, I also get the tranfer status / transfer complete notification...and I am not getting the URL export file - and nothing is being loaded to MapMyFitness....This, coupled with not being able to re-export data into other formats because I do not have a PC at work.....frustrated and looking for help....I did try having all my browsers closed before connecting my watch - this also did not work (Firefox and Safari).

Message 8 of 14 (2,008 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
cavi

hey ,

i think i have the same problem .

I have run perfect and i see three files : 1.google earth fileKLM file  , 2.tomtom mysport file; 3 a URL file.

suddenly I can see only two files .  The URL file is gone and I can't see nothing intomtommysport and also in my fitness account

please help ?

thanks

cavi

Message 9 of 14 (1,562 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
paulangov

Hi all

I am having a slightly different issue.

I have completed a number of activities on my TomTom Multisport and when I transfer the activites, one whole activity is missed. That is, I go to MySports and Strava, and the activity never appears.

I went to Finder (using Mac) and only two folders were created (the third activity folder does not appear). I then deleted the two folders to start again and learned that they don't ever come back when I re-sync.

So, I took my watch to work to sync with a new Macbook. Still didn't work. I thought the folder would have been created given a new machine.

Bottom line is I would like to get my third activity on Strava!

Please help...

Paula

Message 10 of 14 (612 Views)
Please use plain text.