Neophyte Traveler
BROON-DOG

MAP UP DATES

Hi Just bought a tom tom rider eu, put my Euro trip in great everything there England Belgium Germany Switzerland Italy Liechtenstein Germany Luxemburg Holland fantastic.

Then updated and now Italy has disappeared from the map. Put Italy in and England disappears what on earth are tom tom playing at this update is useless compared to my start up maps.

Message 1 of 7 (194 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,290
Solutions: 536

Re: MAP UP DATES

I believe you are talking about the map zones, if I am right. It is due to the size of the map.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 7 (190 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Trailblazer
j_roger_new

Perhaps a silly question but when driving/riding why would you ever need England & Italy on the same map?

John
User GO-LIVE 750 with HD Traffic & Live services subscription - Location Portland, Dorset.

(Also have a Vauxhall sat-nav system in-built into my Zafira but rarely used due to out of date mapping)
Message 3 of 7 (181 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Road trip in Europe? Re-create some of the To Gear challenges :smileywink: My landlord has a house in Italy and resident in UK, why not if paid for it :smileywink:

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 4 of 7 (176 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
BROON-DOG

Your missing the point I paid for it,  it was there, now it is not.

So its not what I bought it to do in the first place.:smileymad:

Yes I know i can change maps when I reach Belgium,:smileysurprised:

And everything will be fine.But should I have too ?:smileyfrustrated:

Message 5 of 7 (131 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
BROON-DOG

Your spot on if its not broke dont fix it. :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 7 (130 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Unfortunately there is not much we can do... Complained many times via mail, phone and such, no luck. They won't change it. That's how I ended up with my 820...plus the Top Gear stuff :smileywink: They won't refund it, and if you don't want to buy a new unit (TomTom or other brand), but you want to use the whole EU map without swapping, you need to get hold of the old one (maybe it is yet in the TT HOME folder) and put it back manuallu, but that won't upgrade your roads nor giving your money back :smileysad:

Message 7 of 7 (127 Views)
Please use plain text.