Novice Explorer
JanKa
Accepted Solution

C-15 and C-37

When do you insert the new C-15 and C-37 (from Sitges to Manresa in Spain) on Western European maps?

Message 1 of 15 (585 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

Re: C-15 and C-37

Which map version do you have? When I look at http://routes.tomtom.com, I can see the C-15 and C37 roads. They are the same as in the Google Maps. Is this road not included on the newest (v8.80) Western Europe maps?

Message 2 of 15 (580 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JanKa

I'have the last map version because I pay for it each year,

The C-15 and C-37 appear but they are the old ones. Nowadays there are a new ones (with the same name) much more fast and short than the old ones.

Message 3 of 15 (573 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

So Google Maps isn't up to date either? In that case the best thing you could do is report the error via the online MapShare Reporter tool: http://tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 4 of 15 (567 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JanKa

If you want I can annex a track in ".kml" from "Vilanova i la Geltrú" to "Olot" and you could see that most of the roads are not on TomTom neither on Google Earth maps.

I've tried to annex it in this reply but I didn't find the way to do it.

Message 5 of 15 (553 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

Yes, if you could provide the new track, that would be great. Perhaps you can upload it using http://www.2shared.com/ for example. If you want, I can send my email address to you, that's another option. 

Message 6 of 15 (551 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
fof

Problem is that we CANNOT contribute tracks or other important information to Tomtom. I have asked them by mail, and all I got was a "use mapshare"-kind reply. Not very helpful indeed, as my question was how I could contribute additional data...

For many of the reports I submitted to Mapshare, I could contribute gpx-tracks, so that they could EASILY incorporate the changes in their maps. But their interest in our contributions seem to be marginal to non-existent. Is Mapshare a "honeypot" that looks nice, but is there only to keep us in the belief that they care?

But unfortunately they have no real interest in our contributions. Mapshare seems to be a "honeypot" that looks nice to us and
Message 7 of 15 (547 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JanKa

Message 8 of 15 (545 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
Shorty

Map Share Reporter reports are taken seriously by our Production Teams - this data volunteered and offered for the good of the community is recognised and processed as such.  You all know that if you perceive a submission gone or going awry then ask me to have it investigated.

Remember that Map Insight morphed into Map Share which in turn became the method for us in the community (yes I load my reports in MSR as well).  Then of course there's the whole host of excellent suggestions that our developers need to work through and determine what can be done fairly soon all the way thru to the tough ones (perhaps impossible).

Did you manage to get the 2-Shared download to work correctly JanKa.  Somehow mines giving me the equivalent of a digital 'Huh?'

JanKa, I understand from your note up there that it is desirable to be able to load or add file (say in gpx format) into MSR - I happen to agree with you since this data can be edited to show new roadway alignments and other details - after all, the contributor drove the roadway..  It's one of the items I am going to list in the suggestions too.

Please use plain text.
Megalos

Oops! Sorry JanKa, I had completely forgotten about this thread. I downloaded your sample (Shorty, you have to click the lower download button, then it works for me, it's a .kml file), and the problem is very obvious now, especially in the southern part of the route. I hope the track can help Map Production team speeding up the process.

Message 10 of 15 (441 Views)
Please use plain text.