New Traveler
paulo1976

voucher code

I bought a map from a friend of mine and the code was never used. last night i was trying to purchase th map and got a message saying that the code is not valid. i confirmed with him and the code is correct, it should be working.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this?

Thanking you in dvance,

Paulo 

Message 1 of 24 (1,600 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 18
Kudos: 1,434
Solutions: 283

Re: voucher code

Hi Paulo,

as the maps are linked to the device and not to the e-mail address it is probable that it won't work with your device if it isn't the same device.

To get more information I recommend calling CS. You'll find them via the support page.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com

Just click on the contact support button on that page and select your device type. Afterwards you should get the contact information.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 24 (1,595 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
ddendiu

Hi,

I have the same  problem, yesterday I receive the email with the voucher code and today, when I try to by a map and use the voucher I get "Il codice inserito è scaduto!" (the inserted code is expired).

What can I do to use it?

Thank you,

Daniel

Message 3 of 24 (1,529 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1

Hi Daniel,

please call CS. They'll be able to activate the code from their end. You may have to prove that the code is yours.

Regards

Lars.

TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 24 (1,517 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Spod41

I was given a TomTom 1005 for my birthday last November. The 90 days is therefore not completed I wish to get the latest map as promised but there was no actvation code or card with device. How can I get a code?

Message 5 of 24 (1,484 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1

Hi Spod41,

for the latest map guarantee you won't need an activation code. You'll just need to register your device to a new account if not already done and install the MyTT support application.

As there are some issues existing linked to the MyTomtom support application I've added the solutions to those troubles below.

There are a few things that should be done regardless whether you encounter any troubles (in bold) and some that are for troubleshooting.

1. Set either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as default browser.
  2. Download and install the myTT application: http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted
  3. Make sure the myTT application is allowed to fully access the internet and isn't blocked by any antivirus or firewall software.
  4. Change the port settings of your myTT application from port 4000 to i.e. 4001 or 5000.
  5. I also recommend changing your preferences that future data gets downloaded first without the need of having the device connected to your computer.
  6. Connect your device to your computer, go to your network connections and set the network symbolizing your device as trusted network.
  7. Open the myTT application, log in using your account and link your device to that account. Keep in mind that you'll need a separate account with a different e-mail-address for each device.
  8. Always install application updates first without any other updates. After having installed all application updates install the other updates.
  9. Install every update as a single update and restart your device after each successful installation before starting the next update.
  10. Always plug your device in a USB port directly on your computer (preferably on the back) and not in any USB hub.
  11. Make sure neither the device nor the computer enters any kind of power saving modus during the installation process.
  12. Clear the cache of both the myTT application and the browser and try again.
  13. Try another USB cable to check if it is a cable issue.
  14. Make sure you've got the latest version of the Adobe flash player installed.
  15. Make sure that flash player and browser are of the same software type (32bit or 64bit)
  16. Use a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection if possible.
  17. Make sure you've got the latest version of the myTT application installed on your computer.

Regards

Lars.

TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
Win8 64bit

Message 6 of 24 (1,467 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Spod41

Thank you Lupus1 However, after doing all these suggestions I still get the message that my device is up to date when there is a newer map available. Spod41
Message 7 of 24 (1,435 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1

[ Edited ]

Hi Spod41,

please check which map version you've got installed on your device. The latest map version is v880. If you've gotten your device before mid of November 2011 you might still only have gotten v875 and therefore not have the latest map installed. You only get one update which is the map currently being the latest when turning your device on for the first time.

Regards

Lars.

TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
Win8 64bit

Message 8 of 24 (1,431 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Spod41

Hi Lupus.

my map version is 875. However, I thought USED meant used as a Sat Nav. I did not realise that simply turning it on to learn the symbols started the 90 day countdown. It appears that the persom who bought it for me opened the box to check it was OK before my birthday. Simply turning it on that starts the countdown should I think be made clearer in the documentation. That is not the accepted definition of USED. If it had been made clearer I would have updated earlier. I have only USED the device twice since I got it.. Not a good start to my use of a Tomtom. Very disappointing.

Message 9 of 24 (1,419 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1

Hi Spod41,

I suppose you've already gotten your latest map guarantee. As the device had been turned on before mid of November 2011 as I understand you it'll have the version v875 registered as latest map guarantee. The guarantee is not that you get an update if a new map gets published within that period but those 90 days are the time in which you can download the map that has been the latest one when your device has been turned on for the first time.

I agree with you that this could be explained more detailed.

Regards

Lars.

TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
Win8 64bit

Message 10 of 24 (1,413 Views)
Please use plain text.