Neophyte Explorer
basscat

tom tom will not except my payments with APO AE address

I am stationed in Germany and trying to purchase central europe maps for my XL. I have an APO AE address and TOMTOM.COM doesnt recognize the address so will except payment from my account. even tried the Paypal way still nothing. tried Customer service on the phone, Nothing!

Tom Tom is losing so much money with not excepting APO AE addresses for mailing purposes. WoW alot of money! and Customers.  Now I have to buy another GPS to maneuver around Europe. Will not be a Tom Tom.

Message 1 of 6 (856 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,598
Solutions: 320

Re: tom tom will not except my payments with APO AE address

Hi,

a workaround for that problem may be to just re-register your unit for that country you're living in (in this case Germany). The downside of this procedure is that you'd need a new account with a new e-mail address.

Another way should be to call CS and ask them to change the country of your account to Germany. I know that the data handling at TT could be better in some cases but those are the only two possibilities I can think of at the moment.

Afterwards you should be able to purchase with a German IP-address.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 6 (855 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
basscat

We have tried two different types of accounts, one for Germany and one for the U.S.. Neither works. It has something to do with the IP address and having an actual APO AE type address with PO Box. We are just gonna have to do without TOM. This is a shame because alot of people here have tom toms and unable to use them so they buy other brands.

Message 3 of 6 (826 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
ok1_1

hi the thing is TT does not deliver any products to APO or PO address so you will need to put in a regular home address

Message 4 of 6 (821 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
map_reader

I am very disappointed that I am unable to download a European map with my new TomTom, especially since I bought it specifically for this purpose.  It should be a simple fix to add APO AE  to the city and state drop down menus, and I am surprised that TT hasn't taken care of this problem, especially with such a large American customer base in Europe.

I do a lot of online purchasing and this is the first time I have encountered this problem with the APO AE address.  Even my professional organizations have APO AE listed in the appropriate fields!

Message 5 of 6 (727 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
onip28

Strongly agree...I've been on the phone twice thus far with support.  I was informed to input a physical address other than my APO billing address.  I informed support that this wouldn't work because my info should match, but regardless, I went ahead and did it anyways.  Payment was refused...So I went ahead and tried to pay with PayPal...pending confirmation.  Called support to check on my order.  Order was pending, and I had to explain once again what my issues was.  Took awhile to communicate effectively.  All in all, I was informed to utilize someone else's billing information that has a physical address tied to their billing.  TomTom probably has addressed this issue (I can't imagine them not doing so) but has failed to find a solution, nor even a temp solution for that matter.  Very disappointed...I now have a outdated piece of paperweight.  

Message 6 of 6 (600 Views)
Please use plain text.