Novice Explorer
Buster52

What is the newest Models

I would like to know what models are the newer then others. How can I tell?

Message 1 of 6 (9,738 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,390
Solutions: 554

Re: What is the newest Models

These are the newest: http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/car-navigation/index.jsp

Anything else is older.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 6 (9,737 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Buster52

It shows GO, Via, XXL550 and XXL540s. Are they all the latest models? What is the difference?

Message 3 of 6 (9,734 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,390
Solutions: 554

Usually the higher the number is the newer the model. Difference can be the size, provided services, functionality. There are high end and entry level, and anything in between. Best, think through what do you want to use it for, what services/maps you need, how long would you like to have it for. Narrow it down to a few models and then search those model numbers here in the forum to find some opinions and such.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 4 of 6 (9,731 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Buster52

I bought a XXL540TM, then I bought a XXL550T. And found out the 550T was a downgraded model. The map would not orientate in the direction I was traveling on 2D, but the 540TM would. Then I read that the software I was using on the XXLs was older software. That there was newer software out there. Now I am looking at the Via 1535TM. But I do not want to buy the older model with older software. That will soon be unsupported. That is why I am looking for. Something that is the newest so it will around longer.

Message 5 of 6 (9,728 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,603
Solutions: 320

Hi,

the XXLs are NAV2 devices still using the TT HOME application and with accessible file system. The newer NAV3 devices (Start 20 / GO 8xx/1xxx/2xxx / VIA series) use the MyTomTom support application and don't offer access to the file system any more.

Being able to access the file system has many pros and some cons. Also the TT HOME application is developed completely and the MyTT SA is in some parts still in development. Also not all promised features are available yet on NAV3 devices. But therefore the NAV3 devices will definitely be supported longer.

Usually the higher up in the list the devices are, the more high-end they are. The VIA devices are the entry level devices in the US, the GO LIVE 14xx/15xx series are somewhat mid of range and the GO LIVE 2xxx devices are the top of the range devices.

The XXLs are former lower middle to middle range device whereas the XXL550 is the downgraded edition² model of the XXL540.

On the VIA devices you won't be able to receive QuickGPSfix yet. This still has to be implemented for all non-LIVE NAV3 devices. You'll currently only receive QuickGPSfix files with LIVE devices where the files come over the air. MapShare corrections are being sent to TomTom but you won't receive corrections with any of the NAV3 devices.

Please keep in mind if you're living near the Canadian border that US LIVE devices won't receive Canadian LIVE services and Canadian LIVE devices won't receive US LIVE services due to using different providers without a roaming agreement.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 6 of 6 (9,722 Views)
Please use plain text.