Novice Explorer
Jackie114
Accepted Solution

Lifetime Map Updates?

Hi, I bought a TOMTOM XXL 550M in Canada. It said: Lifetime Map Updates. But when I want to update the map with TOMTOM HOME, it will charge me $69.99.

Now I can not understand what the mean of " Lifetime Map Updates".

Thanks and have a nice day.

Message 1 of 64 (7,539 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: Lifetime Map Updates?

You have to register the activation code found in the box (if a M model) which says DO NOT DISCARD, either online (which doesn't work very well) or by calling CS at 866-486-6866.

Did you do either?

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 64 (7,535 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
re34646

It looks like if you lose your code, you have to buy a new one.  I did the same thing, and somehow the system lost my registration.  Looks like we're totally out of luck.

Message 3 of 64 (7,524 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Jackie114

Thanks a lot, my friend. I found that card. :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 64 (7,520 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
tonyb

I wanted to update my tomtom too, but I received a message that says My 90 days to get the code promotion (lifetime)has expired....so...Is there any way to replace it? or have a new one?? that means I did not get my lifetime map updates because I spent more than 90 days to put the promotional code.

Message 5 of 64 (7,168 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
KZAR

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a similar question...I have lifetime maps on a 550XXL purchased in Feb of 2011...updated maps and enter activation code in May 2011. New PC, download TOMTOM HOME and try the activation code again (didn't store with my online TOMTOM account) and it says the code is already used...how do I resolve this? Thanks!

Message 6 of 64 (7,123 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Unhappyclient1_

I bought a Tomtom VIA with Lifetime maps at Costco less than 1 year ago. Now the joke of the Lifetime maps mean that you need to pay each time for updating your device, because after I activated the promotional code nothing happens. I believe that if the company is not able to support its promises, please do not play with your customers, because next thing you can have a lawsuit because false promises in your advertisement.

Can somebody help or meet me to see the Tomtom stay with its terms?

Message 7 of 64 (7,000 Views)
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Ditte

Hi Unhappy,

I can't see that you've been in contact with support. They'll be able to activate the code on your account so you can just download the maps. It'll be a good idea to have your receipt and the code handy to send in :smileyhappy:

If you have any further questions, please just ask.

-Ditte

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 8 of 64 (6,972 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

[ Edited ]

Ditte,

As you know, lifetime maps is an option available for many models in North America only.

However, there has been an issue since the 'M' models became available whereby activation online, whether for models using Home 2 or those using MyTomTom is a futile effort. In the huge majority of cases, activation fails.

We are **constantly** advising users at TTF to call CS at 866-486-6866 to activate the code. That works.

Clearly, any call to CS is more expensive for TomTom than to get the darn online activation to work properly.

Can you investigate the status of how far along whichever division is responsible for the Canada or US web sites is in getting it to work?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 9 of 64 (6,965 Views)
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Ditte

Hi dhn,

We're already working on it :smileyhappy: When a fix will be in place, I don't know. But I can assure you that we're aware of this problem and are working on it.

Thanks for letting us know, though :smileyhappy:

-Ditte

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 10 of 64 (6,960 Views)
Please use plain text.