Novice Explorer
RichardJB

Re: Latest Map Guarantee for GoLive825

They didn't mention it. I guess the point is that v885 became available in December 2011, I purchased the unit Feb 2012, and the download of v885 to my unit had clearly not happened. If I tried to download v885 again then maybe I would not be entitled to it.

Under the terms of the offer, my reading is that if there were to be a v890 made available within the 90 days, then I am entitled to that too - provided I download it only once. 

Message 11 of 28 (229 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

885 became available in the middle of February 2012.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 12 of 28 (225 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,135
Solutions: 512

As per my previous experience and other comments, if I bought a unit on 13/02/12 with map v870 and next day I connected on 14/02/12 and there was v880 available, that was the latest map guarantee. On 15/02/12 v885 came out, but as the day before the guarantee was validated already, it wasn't offered anymore. And it was confirmed by many people on this forum already. I am just wondering if it was a gesture of good will or different areas have different policies. Would be nice if someone from TT would make an official statement about this issue as well.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 13 of 28 (218 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
RichardJB

Here is the wording off the TomTom web site:

Latest map guarantee

Start driving with the latest map - guaranteed! If a new map for your device is available within 90 days of first use, you can download that map once for free via tomtom.com

Seems quite clear to me. I'm happy with TomTom's response.

Message 14 of 28 (214 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
RichardJB

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misread the reference.
Message 15 of 28 (213 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

That's my understanding as well. One 'kick at the can' for the LMG.

The timing of getting the LMG just prior to an even newer map being released is problematic. And, without a user checking in forums such as this as to the pending arrival time of a newer map, situations like this occur.

While TT doesn't legally have to offer an 885 map in this situation, it would be nice from a Goodwill point of view if the company did so.

Unfortunately, the concept of 'Goodwill' seems not to be a guiding principle at TomTom, inc. recently ......

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 16 of 28 (212 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
RichardJB

No I disagree. I believe that given the wording of the offer, TomTom are promising and are legally obliged to provide one download of any new map which becomes available within 90 days of purchase. In my opinion TomTom have honoured that obligation in my case, which is what I expected. It may be purely hypothetical, but If a v890 were to become available within 90 days of my purchase, I would certainly claim it and I would also most certainly expect to receive it.
Message 17 of 28 (210 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,135
Solutions: 512

The wording says ONCE. You can't really download the same map twice as you have it once. Once you downloaded the newer map, that's it (as I said, according to many other posts also, and my personal experience as well). If there is another newer map, that one is for purchase. Just like when you buy a map online, and the next map is chargeable (or you buy a map update service on a discounted price, due to you had the latest map before).

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 18 of 28 (205 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
RichardJB

No . I wouldn't accept that. If the situation arises I'll keep you informed, but I would certainly pursue my rights. I'm surprised if other people have not had satisfaction in this area. I've not had any problem.

Message 19 of 28 (203 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

[ Edited ]

As Zsolt says, the wording clearly says 'ONCE'. You have no justification for thinking TT is obligated to provide an even newer map if available in the time frame.

Message 20 of 28 (201 Views)
Please use plain text.