Novice Explorer
cjdean
Accepted Solution

"My Tom Tom" won't Install Maps onto my Tom Tom Start 20

I have a Tom Tom Start 20 with Full EU Maps. It suddenly came up with a message to say "No maps found!" the other day, so I plugged it into my PC to update it and try installing maps again. The updates went through fine, but when it comes to install the maps again, I click the black Install tab (under the Manage Content section of "My Tom Tom"), the tab then turns grey, then after about 3 seconds goes black again. There is no error message, and however many times I try it, the maps install will not begin!

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 25 (2,678 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
darkstar

Re: "My Tom Tom" won't Install Maps onto my Tom Tom Start 20

Hi, I don't have a solution yet but my thread mentions this very problem and one point that came up is that there is a suspicion that TomTom are having internal server errors and causing problems with the latest maps. If I get any further I will let you know, in the meantime keep an eye on my message thread.
Message 2 of 25 (2,668 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
cjdean

Thanks for the feedback. I've since been onto Live Chat and email support with them. They seem to think that during updates, if there was an interuption, this could have resulted in a corruption. To be honest, I thought maps stopped working before i did the update but coming to think about it, i hadnt used it for ages so it quite well could have happened AFTER I started doing the updates.

Anyway the resolution suggested i delete a load of files and cache on both the PC and device and try to install.

This failed so have submitted the S/N from the unit along with the sytem spec to the support guys to see what happens next!

Message 3 of 25 (2,666 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
stevelear

Hi what do you mean when you say submit a S/N from the unitto the support guys....please explain

Message 4 of 25 (2,660 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

The Serial Number (ususally found on the bottom next to something looking like a bar code).

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 25 (2,658 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
cjdean

Still no resolve. Latest reply is this "t this moment I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department." So I will sit tight and hope for a resolution soon!
Message 6 of 25 (2,651 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
kmpnewark

i have a via 125 live  told me i had updates so i connected to PC and now saying no maps found

Message 7 of 25 (2,641 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 18
Kudos: 1,432
Solutions: 282

Hi all,

did you already try all the known possible solutions to various problems? Just to make sure we're all talking about the same I'll list those solutions below. If it is still not working after having tested those things we'll have another look at your troubles.

• Use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as default browser.
  • Make sure the myTT application is allowed to fully access the internet and isn't blocked by any antivirus or firewall software.
  • Change the internet port your myTT application uses from port 4000 to i.e. 4001 or 5000.
  • Clear the cache of both the myTT application as well as the browser.
  • After having connected your device to your computer go to your network connections and set the network symbolizing your device as trusted network.
  • Always install application updates first and alone.
  • Make sure neither your device nor your computer enters any kind of power saving modus during the updating/installation process.
  • I also recommend changing the preferences of your myTT application that updates get downloaded without the need of having the device connected to the computer.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 8 of 25 (2,629 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
cjdean

Could you send a step by step guide for this? I can only seem to understand how to do half the stuff you suggest. I assume the tech guys will also repond to my email with the same info anyway? so i will update this post when i hear back!

Message 9 of 25 (2,620 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
stevelear

Lupus

When I change the port to 4001 or 5000 I then get told that i need to load my tom tom even though i have it already is this normal.

I got told by the chat last night this

We truly appreciate the way you have tried the steps on your device. However we would request you to please perform the steps mentioned below in Google Chrome web browser.

You have recently contacted our chat support for assistance.

I understand that you are getting no maps found on the screen after updating your device.

Please be assured I am here to help you and will try my level best to do so.

Please try the following instructions to reinstall the map, which should resolve this issue.

- Clear the cache in MyTomTom: Settings > tab Cache > clear Cache

- Clear the cache of the browser:
Internet Explorer: Menu > Tools > Delete Browser History > select Temporary Files > Delete
Firefox: Menu > Tools > Clear Recent History > Everything > Clear now
Google Chrome: Menu > Tools > Options > Tab Under the hood > Clear Browsing Data > Empty the Cache > Clear Browsing Data
Safari: Menu > Safari > Empty Cache > Empty

- Delete the MyTomTom preferences:
Windows 7/Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\TomTom\
MAC: /Users//Library/Caches/TomTom/

- Delete all files and folders from Temp:
General: C:\Windows\temp
Windows 7/Vista: C:\Users\\Local Settings\Temp
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp

Delete ALL files and folders present.

If some files cannot be deleted (for any reason) reboot the PC and try again.

- Connect the device with a reset http://www.tomtom.com/6965/ to the computer.
- Now try again

NOTE: If an application update is offered for downloading, untick any other update and install the application update first. Always first install the application update.

If the issue is still there, please try to use a different browser or a different computer to test again.

Its intresting that they now say Google is the preferred browser but I cannot find my tom tom preferences or the temporary internet files on my computer.

Even so I saw one reply on the forums from someone who had received some kind of patch from Tom Tom and this had resolved the issue....have you heard anything like that ?

Message 10 of 25 (2,617 Views)
Please use plain text.