New Traveler
tattooin

memory card wont install

hi can anyone help ive have just purchased the europe map for my one xl and it said there wasnt enough space on my device so i bought a 4gb sd card but can not get it to install to my device i have tried everthing tom tom home is telling me but it still does not work please help as im getting stressed with it now aaarrrggghhh

Message 1 of 11 (2,283 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
boobay1203

Re: memory card wont install

go into manage my one and remove the application and when going back into upodate my one make sure the SD card is selected and add the application there

that should work...

Message 2 of 11 (2,246 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
AndrewV

Is the SD card an SD-HC?

The One XL isn't capable of reading an SD-HC card. I would double-check that as well as the little write-protect switch.

“I work for TomTom but the views expressed here are my own.”
Message 3 of 11 (2,229 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
LatinS10

I´ve got exactly the same problem with my GO 520.

I bought maps for the Western Europe and the package size was too big for the memory card. So I bought Kingston 4GB Micro SD-HC card and now it seems like the device wouldn´t support that. And I even checked that Micro SD-HD 4GB was in the list of supported cards.  I tried to do everything by the book but tomtomHome says that the device doesn´t have a memory card...

Anyone?

Message 4 of 11 (2,145 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Your model can take up to a 32 gig sdhc card, not a micro card as found in some newer models.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 11 (2,140 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
LatinS10

yep, miss read the supported cards -list.  i bought new 4 GB sdhc and it worked well right away. 8GB sdhc didn´t work though. Supported cards according tomtom´s website:

SD max 2 Gb

SDHC max 4Gb

MicroSD  (no HC)

Anyway, right card made the trick for me.

Cheers

Message 6 of 11 (2,134 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
tomtom750user

Is it SD or SDHC that I need for a 4gb card, its for a Go 750 Live?  At 4gb both types exist so I don't which one to buy.

Message 7 of 11 (1,898 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
tomtom750user

I tried an 8GB MicroSD-HC card in my new refurb'd Go 750 Live and it reads the full size of the card as 7.5GB formatted.  This appeas ok.  I have only fitted approx 2.4GB of data onto the card, map is 2.3GB.  So far it's working ok.  Not tried any more data on the card than this, wonder if it will read above 4GB?

Message 8 of 11 (1,858 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
RJ63

i AM HAVING EXACT SAME ISSUE, I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO, DOWNLOAD MAP OF EUROPE ONTO MY TOM  TOM ONE XL.. READING ONE OF THE ANSWERS ABOVE IT SEEMS THE SANDISK SDHC IS NOT COMPATIBLE  FOR THIS MODEL OF TOM TOM.,IF THE THE SD CARD ONLY COMES IN 2GB I DONT SEE HOW I CAN GET COMPLETE MAP OF WESTERN EUROP ON IT, I ALSO DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY TOM TOM CANT SUPPLY MAP ALREADY ON SD CARD,SURELY THIS WOULD MAKE THINGS A LOT SIMPLER,AS THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY SELLING TOM TOM UNITS DO NOT SEEM TO HAVE A VERY GOOD WORKING KNOWLEDGE  OF  THE APPLIANCES.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME  

Message 9 of 11 (1,581 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Trailblazer
martin86

Unfortunately, at this time, recognition of a sd card on the N10.X models has not been implemented. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,533 Views)
Please use plain text.