Apprentice Traveler
shosho143

lost activation code

have TomTom one XL GPS with USA and Canada Maps in origion, i tried to update the GPS, I downloaded it and when it transferred across it came up saying I needed to activate the map. Problem is I can't find my activation codes - i lost the box, Now when I turn on the TomTom it says it can't find any maps, its comes up with a red screen saying: Problem with map You cannot use this map on this device: USA and Canada. If I go to Manage my device and have a look at the maps section it shows the USA and Canada map but it says "This item cannot be used on this device because it needs to be activated first" I need to know from where can i get new activation code? or if thiere is any way to activate the maps. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, SHatha

Message 1 of 6 (4,869 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,599
Solutions: 320

Re: lost activation code

Hi there,

your description sounds to me as if you've purchased the US/Canada map via TT's online map shop. After purchasing the map you should have gotten an e-mail containing all information about your purchase. There you should also find the activation code if needed at all.

Did you purchase the map with the same account to which the device is linked? It should be as you installed the map to your device but I'm not completely sure.

If you cannot activate your map yourself I recommend contacting CS and providing them with proof that you indeed purchased this map. In that case they'll be able to either activate the map on your device via a patch or to give you the activation code needed.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 6 (4,842 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
shosho143

Hi

I didn't boght USA and Canada map, its came in origion whith the device when i bought it.

I updated my device and its ask me about the activation code for maps but i lost it, so, how can i activate my maps

Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (4,821 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,599
Solutions: 320

[ Edited ]

Hi,

that's really strange as you usually won't need an activation code for updating a map if you're able to download the map. Your map should be activated automatically if it is only an update.

Try if a reset helps (no settings will be lost). Just press and hold the power button until you hear the drum roll (approx. 15 seconds).

If that didn't help try if redownloading/reinstalling the map helps.

• Create a backup of your device: How to create a backup of your device (hyperlink)
  • Connect your device to your computer and have a look at the content of your device. Therefore go to manage my device -> items on my device -> maps. Remove the map on your device.
  • Go to add voices, traffic, etc. -> items on my computer -> maps and select the map you'd like to install. If you'd like to redownload the map first to make sure the download wasn't corrupted save the map from your computer to another place and delete the downloaded files. You should find them in your personal documents folder in the TT folder.
  • Make sure that during the download/installation process neither your device nor your computer enters any kind of power saving modus. Also make sure that your TT Home application is allowed to fully access the internet and isn't blocked by any antivirus or firewall software.

If that also doesn't help have a look if reinstalling the TT application installed on your device helps.

• Create a backup.
  • Open TT Home and go to manage my device -> items on my device -> application -> remove.
  • Now go to update my device and install the application that should be offered.
  • Restart your device and check for updates again.
  • You may have to repeat the last two steps a few times until there are no more updates pending.

If you get your device running again don't forget to create another backup. In this case you may just delete the backup created only a few steps before.

You may also just reinstall an old backup if you've got one and redo the update.

If everything doesn't help I recommend contacting CS either by phone or by chat.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 4 of 6 (4,817 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Agen

I lost all when computer crashed, who would I talk to for info on how to reactivate my tomtom?  I'm being told online that 90 days is up and I bought a year subscription.  Please Help!

Message 5 of 6 (151 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Call CS:

USUnited States

866 486 6866

Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 6 of 6 (148 Views)
Please use plain text.