New Traveler
bluewatch
Accepted Solution

activation code for Via Live 120

where do I find the activation code.  I have looked on the box and have found the produt number with a number underneath, but I get an error message when I try to enter this number

Message 1 of 12 (6,272 Views)
Please use plain text.
TomTom Employee
CH

Re: activation code for Via Live 120

Hi  bluewatch,

There is no need for activation code for you Via Live 120. That is something just used to activate older maps or service cards.

Are you using TomTom Home to update your Via? Be aware that the Via needs to be connected to MyTomTom and not TomTom Home. You can find more informaton in this page:

https://tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/

Cheers

“I work for TomTom but the views expressed here are my own.”
Message 2 of 12 (6,239 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Pinwald

If you work there, could you explain why I cannot download an English speaking voice when I bought in Germany today? The salesman said there would be free voices in English. But if you buy in the UK it's English. What the heck gives?

Message 3 of 12 (6,131 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
maxsamsung10

Hi,

same problem here, bought in Germany, three German voices only.

(switched sound off)

Via (Live) seems to be based on a quite different technique than systems using HOME.

It's labled TomTom but it's not the same as before (e.g. XL), seems we'll have to wait until MyTomTom service ia capable of providing the usual community things...

On the other hand, that mess I have experienced during the last 4 weeks with POIs, HOME and XL created a mixed impression. Thus I'm looking forward to see a better sorted POI, voice, color-scheme service on Via Live.

Cheers, Max

Message 4 of 12 (6,068 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
maxsamsung10

... however, this page:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3170

explaines how to use MyTomTom (browser based?) to add voices...

Message 5 of 12 (6,065 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
maxsamsung10

Finally got it work - MyTomTom does not work on a Mac with WLAN internet,  with a cable it does;

however, I decided to use Windows7 with WLAN, installed MyTomTom for Win, all is working fine.

When the device connects, a small green colored popup actually is the MyTomTom app,

providing a few options plus: Add community content  as explained on that page of the given link.

I was able to add files from my Start XL folder: voices, POIs, color schemes, warning sounds.

This way I now do have the same POIs (+ the otther stuff) on my Via 125 as before with the XL.

Further I have downloaded and installed a few voices from the internet (.chk and .vif files).

It's not as convenient yet as it was with XL/HOME since each file must be installed separately, 

but still acceptable. The behavior among the Via and MyTomTom on Windows7 was correct 

during the time of this procedure, no problems, no strange things to note, that's very good.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 12 (5,994 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Bryan120via

I recently purchased a tom tom via 120 and finally connected it to the PC, however the traffic reports and all usual subscription features (that i am informed are free for the first year) dont work and i keep being prompted that i need a subscription for this tom tom service. Before I ring them can anyone help?

Message 7 of 12 (5,433 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
lil-ema

i am experiencing the same thing, i am also in search of an answer of how to solve this problem.

cheers :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 12 (5,050 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
Innovestia

Hi,

I just bought the VIA125 on the 23th of April and just got mesage on the navi that says the maps are more than 20 months old and needs an update. I have plugged it in to the PC and now I told that my 90 days free map period has expired?? How is that possible when only had navi for 2 weeks??

I why sell a navi with such an old map..........?

Best regards,

Jesper

Message 9 of 12 (3,558 Views)
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Ditte

Hi Innovestia,

Please get in contact with Danish support. Have the receipt ready to send off to them and they will be able to assign the correct map to you for download, based on the purchase date. :smileyhappy:

All the best,
Ditte

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 10 of 12 (3,554 Views)
Please use plain text.