14-07-2012 06:56 AM
I purchased 2 - XXL 550 units due to the fact that the Lifetime map updates were free and
both my Dad and I needed a new GPS.
Now I have to update these maps and finding a way to do so is so confusing.
Can someone give me a link for XXL 550 users to quickly update our GPS units?
Solved! Go to Solution.
14-07-2012 09:09 AM
1. You need to install Home 2 found here: tomtom.com/home
2. Connect the 550 to the computer and make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. If not sure how, see here: http://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-cont
3. Install Home 2. Connect one of the 550 units and regsiter with an email address/password. Use a separate email address for each device!!
4. Click on Update my Unit. You should be offered a gpsquickfix file, and mapshares.
5. Important: You are elibigible for the newest (890) map within 30 days of first use. You get this by using Home's Tools menu option (top left of menu bar) and Latest Map Guarantee.
After that, you are eligible (if you bought the M [lifetime maps] for a new map whenever they are available. Map 895 should be out about a month from now.
BUT.......... you MUST register the activation code for each device for the lifetime maps. Do Not waste your time trying to do it online. Call CS at 866-486-6866 with the activation code for each device.
14-07-2012 07:31 PM
14-07-2012 07:35 PM
24-12-2012 11:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Please contact customer support.They can asign your subscription to your account easily: