New Traveler
mamitchell

Via 1505M Successful Map Update?

[ Edited ]

I have tried many combinations of Windows versions, IE versions, resets, reinstalls, etc  and have not been able to install the 870.XXX newer map on my USA VIA 1505M.  CS seems to avoiding the issue with generic recommendations.  Even when I simply asked "has this worked for anyone" I got the redirect to instructions on how to connect the gps to the computer......

I was wondering if anyone has had success in installing an update map 870.XXX or otherwise to the Via 1505M ?

Message 1 of 11 (2,956 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
tom4cats

Re: Via 1505M Successful Map Update?

No, I have tried Windows XP SP3, Vista Home Basic, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome. I have downloaded the current maps 5 times and get the same "something has gone wrong with your device". When I talked with customer support last week I was told it was being researched as a known problem and may take weeks for their programmers to fix the glitch. However, you should be able to use your TomTom as it problably has the Spring version of Maps. I was asked to be patient and TomTom would make sure ALL Functionality promised would be available sometime in the future.
Message 2 of 11 (2,948 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
LeedsDevil

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/Map-installation/1505M-VIA-Map-install-problem/m-p/44051/highlight/... Check out the link above for a thread with many other 1505M users experiencing the same problem.
Message 3 of 11 (2,924 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Breadman6_

I am having the same problem with my 2535 Live. I tried it with my Mac and my neighbors PC. Unable to update. 

Customer service told me that they are having problems with both Windows & Mac.

This 2535 Live is a replacement that TomTom sent back to me. My other 2535 had no problems updating.

Message 4 of 11 (2,913 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
AmLost

VIA 1505. Does it automatically update maps when you connect your GPS to your computer and turn it on.  I spent over 2 hours this morning with Tomtom support and he said there was a problem with my internet explorer.  Doesn't make sense.  I'm thinking of returning the gadget.

Message 5 of 11 (2,442 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Chris_L

Best Solution for all my tom tom devices is use Google Chrome , then emptied cache , soft reset

make sure you have all latest Service Packs and Hotfixes offered by Microsoft installed on your computer

When MyTomTom is open you will see the icon in the taskbar. If you click on it the MyTomTom SA window will show

Make sure you do connect Hardwire and not wireless

Changed USB Port to a Back USB Port

Steps

1: Settings

2: cache

3:empty cache , save settings

4: Settings

5: connections , change web connector port to 4003

Test availability , change the port 4004,4005, etc until you get a green check

6: soft reset , Press and hold the power button wait for drums

7: using google chrome , www.tomtom.com

8: Top right corner click on my tomtom manage contact

if you already have my tom tom installed follow these steps

click on my maps then install now

Map version out now is v8.85

Thank you

Message 6 of 11 (2,432 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Hoppy

I am sorry but I will not use Google chrome nor will I go in and change or open or close ports. I bought this GPS from a professional company and I have yet been able to download or upload and I even bought a voice to go on unit. I have no friggin idea where it went but I know Tom Tom has my 13 bucks!!! This is ridiculous!!!

Message 7 of 11 (2,397 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
DaveK

This is all nuts.  When I bought the VIA 1505 TM, it clearly said it had lifetime maps and traffic.  It also said that whenever you connect to your computer, it will update your maps.  Mine is not doing this.  It tells me a newer version map is available, but then tries to sell me a map purchase.  Does anyone have any idea when this might be fixed?

Message 8 of 11 (2,389 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

You need to register the activation code for the Lifetime Maps for that model. Supposedly, you can provide the code online but in actuality that never (or rarely) works. Call CS tomorrow at 866-486-6866 with the code on a card in the package marked DO NOT DISCARD

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 9 of 11 (2,385 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
micheal3200

its amazing how one simple overlooked code can create so many hours of searching.  Once I put the code in under the account I created for the device it said I had an update which was indeed the free map update I was entiltled to for the via 1505m.

Thank you for the good advise.  I guess if we actually read what came in the package we all might not be wondering where to get the free map updates! :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 11 (2,213 Views)
Please use plain text.