01-10-2011 09:22 PM
I just bought the North America Map (version 875.3615) and experienced the following:
- Successfully downloaded the map to my laptop.
- Unable to install map on device. Error displayed was insufficient space to store temporary files required for installation. However, device's free space is definitely more than what is required.
- Unable to install map on memory card. Error displayed was insufficient space to store temporary files required for installation. However, memory card's free space is definitely more than what is required.
- I tried to install the map manually (without using TomTom Home) but the TLV map could not be found within the "maps" folder. I believe this file is required?
Specifications that could be useful for finding the error's root cause:
- Laptop: MacBook Pro with Mac OS X
- TomTom Home Version: 126.96.36.1991
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-10-2011 11:56 PM
You've mentioned that the map was installed manually, please verify that the steps you've performed are the same as described in the TomTom knowledge base article:
If not already done, make a backup of the navigation device:
Verify that the map version is displayed on the device:
02-10-2011 02:24 AM
A Mac, eh?
Perhaps the information in the following link might explain the problem:
02-10-2011 08:10 PM
Thanks for the detailed instructions on the manual installation. The map can be displayed on the device after following your steps.
02-10-2011 08:13 PM
Thanks for the reference link. Now I know the purpose of the ".trashes" file and how it was created. Thought it was some virus.