Novice Explorer
SobeVegChick

Re: PROMO CODE FOR LIFETIME TRAFFIC & MAPS FOR TOMTOM VIA 1500 TM

I have my new TomTom all set up and even added in my own POIs. I am loving it so far. 

EXCEPT, that I am not able to input my Lifetime Code. I enter the code and get back the message, "This code is not valid for this product at this time"

Please help! Thank you!

Message 11 of 39 (5,262 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Call CS at 866-486-6866

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 12 of 39 (5,257 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
SobeVegChick

Ugh, I am on hold with them now. I hope it is not a forever hold. And I hope they can help me. Yikes.

Message 13 of 39 (5,249 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
SobeVegChick

After a 40+ minute wait the guy I got on the phone was awesome. I had to scan and send in my receipt and map code, but he waited on the phone for me to do it.

Turns out the myTomTom website is the issue. The 1500 and 1505 codes are not being accepted properly by the site at this time. They are working on the problem and will send a mass email once it is fixed. No time estimate. Hope it is soon!

Thanks for all of your help!

Message 14 of 39 (5,242 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Alfred60

Still got this mssage:

The activation code you have entered cannot be used due to incompatibility with the installed application version.

and still not able to upload maps of the EU, service of tomtom is not what you may expect 

Message 15 of 39 (5,226 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JimH

Re: PROMO CODE FOR LIFETIME TRAFFIC & MAPS FOR TOMTOM VIA 1535 TM

I just received my TomTom with a "Lifetime Maps" subscription promotion. I followed the inclosed instrucions and the online instrucions.  There is no place to enter the promotion code.  I am returning it on Monday and getting a Nuvi.

Message 16 of 39 (5,180 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
jdieringer

I recently purchased a tomtom something or other - downloaded the mytomtom (from tomtom.com/getstarted) Had all kinds of problems - called support. They finally told me to take it back. I took it back and got a Garmin. Couldn't stand the Garmin so I took IT back and upgraded to TomTom Via 1535TM.  I am having the same problems as before (With previous tomtom).

I downloaded mytomtom and it says "TomTom Via 1530/1535 Connected" with a check mark.
However it will not download the 2 items it says are ready for download.

Also on the websirte I cannot find a location to enter the promo codes - however I did read something on the tomtom site that the promo codes are no longer necessary.

I have created an account/registered - but that was done with my previous tomtom and the support person told me that it would not let you use the same email for 2 devices.

Etiher way, when I click on the green button in top right those links take me no where other than a screen that says select your l;ocation. I HAVE SELECTED MY LOCATION 10,0000 times and I am still in the U.S.

I don't know what else it wants from me but I am losing patience quickly. This has been about 2-3 weeks now.

I am oin map USA Canada and Mexico v865.3296

Message 17 of 39 (5,148 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JGRAVES11

I had the same problem. I deleted the Cache file, you can find it in the drop down menu on your computer.  After I did that, it started downloading again and when it finished I had the 870ver maps. 

Message 18 of 39 (5,127 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
jdieringer

Thanks JGRAVES11  - but I have done that NUMEROUS times.

I have reset (with drumroll) emptied cache - completely uninstalled and reinstalled my tomtom.

Thanks anyway. - I'm going to keep trying.

Message 19 of 39 (5,124 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JGRAVES11

Sorry I couldn't help.

Message 20 of 39 (5,120 Views)
Please use plain text.