Novice Explorer
Brian73

PROMO CODE FOR LIFETIME TRAFFIC & MAPS FOR TOMTOM VIA 1535 TM

Can any anybody tell me whats up with the promo code that after I enter it and hit continue it says code not valid?

Message 1 of 39 (4,860 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
Najib

Re: PROMO CODE FOR LIFETIME TRAFFIC & MAPS FOR TOMTOM VIA 1535 TM

Hi Brian73,

Is this still occuring for you? I will take the feedback internally as it should be resolved.

Would it be possible to check the code several times to ensure it may be working appropriately now? Thank you in advance!

- Najib

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star
Message 2 of 39 (4,779 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JGRAVES11

i cannot even find a place to enter the code

Message 3 of 39 (4,747 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Log into tomtom.com. At the right side of the screen is a green button, "MyTomTom". Click on that, enter your email address and there is a menu item for the Activation of the promo code.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 39 (4,743 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Cute_Tall

I am really suffering with my Tomtom VIA I guess it's the worst GPS I ever got!! I even can't update my mpas!! :smileysad:((

Message 5 of 39 (4,739 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JGRAVES11

Following those directions causes it to put in the Serial number not the promo code.  I finally registered with the promo code by not plugging in my Gps.  Then I plugged it in and now it is just saying that it is busy but the Gps screen is acting like it isn't even plugged up.  This software is not very good.  

Message 6 of 39 (4,714 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
rpowell52

I have the VIA 1405M and have to use the new MyTomTom update software which seems to use Internet Explorer. TomTom Home which I use for my One XL won't even see the device attached. I have Internet Exploroer Ver. 9 on my computer and you dont even get a place to enter the promo code as another user described here. I copied and pasted the URL into Firefox and then the screens work OK but when I enter the promo code in I just get the error message.

The activation code you have entered cannot be used due to incompatibility with the installed application version.

Whats going on? Looks like IE9 is not compatible with new MyTomTom. The bottom line is I can't get my lifetime maps promo code to work.

Message 7 of 39 (4,647 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
rpowell52

Any chance your using the newest Internet Explorer Ver. 9 ?  I have the same problem using IE9 and using Firefox I can enter the code but TomTom won't except it, I just get the error

The activation code you have entered cannot be used due to incompatibility with the installed application version.

Message 8 of 39 (4,645 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JGRAVES11

I am using a mac.  Both safari and firefox, about the same results.  I am hoping that maybe they will fix these issues soon.  Other wise I will be returning my tom tom and using another brand.  

Message 9 of 39 (4,640 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
wags329

i USED GOOGLE CHROME AND MY CODE FINALLY TOOK.  mY PROBLEM NOW IS THE SUCTION CUP IT WONT STAY LOCKED!  iS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THE SUCTION CUP?

Message 10 of 39 (4,621 Views)
Please use plain text.