Neophyte Traveler
MercedesElaine

Not enough room

I received the message saying there is not enough room on my TomTom Via to download updates.  The solution given is to insert memory card. There is no slot into which to insert a memory card on my TomTom Via. How else can I download updates when there is not enough room?  Is there a way to offload the data/maps that are in the TomTom now to make room?  I saw the little boxes that allow things to be removed and to be added, but nothing showed up in the boxes.  Thanks, Elaine

Message 1 of 20 (670 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,407
Solutions: 554

Re: Not enough room

Which VIA model is it?

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 20 (667 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
UK_Cats_1998

I just got a Via 1400M and got the same message.  It says I have 2.9gb used and 800mb available, but won't let me update the new USA v9.00 map.  There is an sd slot on mine, but I see no reason to have to buy an sd card as soon as I get the thing.  On my XL, there was no slot and it just replaced the old map with the newer version.  

Message 3 of 20 (662 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Technically it supposed to do the same with this one also. Do you have the v895 map at the moment and did you use the map correction updates?

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 4 of 20 (659 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
UK_Cats_1998

I do have the v895 map but have not used the map corrections updates.  I checked that option and it wanted me to enable my information sharing, which I wasn't really wanting to do.  I tried removing something from my device but it only lets me select the quick gps fix to remove.

Message 5 of 20 (656 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

That's not much. Try to get in touch with customer services.

Message 6 of 20 (653 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
UK_Cats_1998

I turned on map correction and selected only corrections by TomTom, but it still saying I don't have enough room.  I would take the current map off of it through Windows, but I can't find it like I could my XL 350.  

Message 7 of 20 (650 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

You won't. The new devices are network adapters, not USB storages. Either the memory card or customer services.

Message 8 of 20 (648 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
MercedesElaine

Don't know what other description of model there is.6EV0.019.00 appears on user guide.

Message 9 of 20 (604 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Best would be to contact customer services:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/How-to-use-the-forum/How-to-Contact-support/m-p/292358/highlight/tr...

Message 10 of 20 (594 Views)
Please use plain text.