HIM
Novice Explorer
HIM

Re: After update!

Yep I did all of the above I dropped a pretty thorough note to tech support, we will see if they get back to me in "two business days" :-)

As for a faulty device it's under warranty so we will see my friend.

Thank you for your dedication to helping me though.

Have a great afternoon/evening!

Jeff

I love Tomtom because before every new map update it lets me drive in the grass!
Message 21 of 112 (3,609 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
supradave

Re: No maps found! After update!

running safari on i mac

Message 22 of 112 (3,600 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,400
Solutions: 554

@supradave: Try with Firefox on the Mac.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 23 of 112 (3,595 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
godzilla

Hi,

I've had this problem with my tom tom one xl for ages now. Tried lots of things, nothin has worked. Ur solution went as far as the black screen with the system info, but the 3 presses of the on/off button just restarts into a screen which says, 'No maps found! Connect your device to TomTom HOME and check for updates. Install all updates listed. If the problem still occurs, visit www.tomtom.com/support and search for 'no maps found. Follow the instructions in the help topics.

Useful help from tomtom there ay? pffft

Message 24 of 112 (3,588 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

@godzilla: Your XL is a NAV2 device. It is a completely different kettle of fish. Try this:

1. Save everything from the device, using Explorer (or Finder on Mac), include all the files (hidden as well).

2. Then format the internal storage of your device.

3. Go to TT HOME, Manage my "DEVICE", delete everything from the hard drive and try the update again.

In case it is keep telling you there is no map, you will need to call customer services.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 25 of 112 (3,580 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
godzilla

**bleep** me u know everything. thanks man
i'll try that, but erm...how do i format the internal storage? soz
Message 26 of 112 (3,578 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
godzilla

hmm, everything has been moved to my computer except some files with strange gibberish for their file name. They cant transfer for some reason
Message 27 of 112 (3,577 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
godzilla

also... when i look at 'manage my one xl' in tomtom HOME it says the device is empty yet it also says the memory is nearly full???

Think i'm goin garmin next time

Message 28 of 112 (3,575 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Switch of your XL, connect to the PC, then switch it on, and tap YES at the connect to the PC. The internal storage should be visible in the Explorer as a new drive. If you have gibberish for file names, it means the data is corrupted, that's why it looks like full, and that's why you have to format it.

Message 29 of 112 (3,568 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
smuir00

Hi, I have a Go Live 1000 with the same problem, after buying a map update I was mid way through the doenload when I lost my connection.  When it was restored I had 'no map found' on the device and 'navigation device is up to date' on the PC.

I've been trying your suggestions above but still have the problem. I have completed the repair but still no joy.

It may sound like a silly question but what has the browser got to do with the repair / update process ?  I never need to use the browser as its all done through MyTomTom ???

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Simon

Message 30 of 112 (3,528 Views)
Please use plain text.