Apprentice Explorer
iichan
Accepted Solution

No maps found! After update!

I have a TomTom Via 1505 and yesterday when I tried  to use my tomtom, I noticed I had no gps signal all day so that evening I connected to my computer and it automatic started updating.  Then I noticed they had new map update so I started the update process.  It said keep your device connected and for about 25mins it was working, then all the sudden I saw the message something has gone wrong and to check my computer for more information.  When I click OK then it tells me I have no map.  I tried everything I can find to do, clean out the cache, reboot by holding down the power button until I hear the drums.  I tried different computers, tried different browsers Microsoft and firefox, nothing works!!! Its only been few months since I got the darn thing!! I'm not good with direction and I really really need it!!! Please someone help me fix this!!!

Message 1 of 111 (15,675 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,290
Solutions: 536

Re: No maps found! After update!

Try this:

•Hold the on/off button until it reaches the info screen ( where info related to the device is displayed)

•After entering the info screen press the on/off button 3 times quickly, it should be 3 presses within one second)

•The device restarts and only shows a cogwheel, it just entered in the recovery mode

•wait for a moment - - wait until you see picture of a TomTom (red X) and a laptop - then switch off the Tomtom unit.

•Then reset the device, the device should start up normally"

•Wait 5 mins

Then the UPDATE TIP in my signature.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 111 (15,671 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
iichan

tried it but it still says something went wrong and still no map :-(

Message 3 of 111 (15,656 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Which browser did you try with? Try to disable your antivirus and firewall whilst updating.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 4 of 111 (15,652 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
iichan

tried it with windows.  I will again try it with my antivirus and firewall shut down.. crossing my fingers!!!

Message 5 of 111 (15,642 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
iichan

It worked!! thank you!! 

:catlol:

Message 6 of 111 (15,636 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Yay :smileywink:

Message 7 of 111 (15,618 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
supradave

[ Edited ]

i have a tomtom pro7150 did an update yesterday to fix gps prob and now says no maps found please help

Message 8 of 111 (15,430 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

@supradave: Try this:

- Hold the on/off button until it reaches the info screen ( where info related to the device is displayed)

- After entering the info screen press the on/off button 3 times quickly, it should be 3 presses within one second)

- The device restarts and only shows a cogwheel, it just entered in the recovery mode

- wait for a moment - - wait until you see picture of a TomTom (red X) and a laptop - then switch off the Tomtom unit.

- Then reset the device, the device should start up normally"

- Wait 5 mins

Then try this again:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-GO-800-1000-2000-Via/SOLUTION-for-the-GPS-SIGNAL-issue/m-p/2...

Message 9 of 111 (15,422 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
supradave

still no joy

Spoiler
Spoiler
:smileyfrustrated:

Message 10 of 111 (15,417 Views)
Please use plain text.