wf
New Traveler
wf

Re: No Maps Found! - But they are on the SD Card

had the same problem, i updated my map of western europe. When i turned my tom tom 730 on, it would not see the map.

my solution: I took the SD card out and put it directin in my coputer. that promts tom tom home to open. 

I updated my divice (the SD card ) via tom tom home. that way i think it copies the program itself on the SD card

remove SD card from computer, back in tomtom device, start up. still no map of western europe

repeat:  revome SD card from tomtom, back in cokmputer: update again ( i guess it updates something different now)

SD card back in tomtom: IT WORKS !!

hope that helps

Walter

Message 11 of 20 (1,797 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
mistermatt

Thanks Walter - your solution worked for me after a few frustrating hours. :smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 20 (1,726 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Disappointed_2

I have the same problem,

No maps found after update, downloading the maps again doesn' help. I don't have another memory card reader so I cannot try connecting the SD card to the computer without the TomTom navigator.

It is very frustrating that the TomTom user guide doesn't even have any kind of troubleshooting section, so answers to any problems must be searched from this forum.

Message 13 of 20 (1,524 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
sullster

I have the same problem but after i leave it to update, and i can see the files on my device, when i reboot the TT it only shows the globe with red hands and then after about 20 seconds, turns off. any help please?

Message 14 of 20 (1,074 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,345
Solutions: 543

Try my suggestion from the previous page.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 15 of 20 (1,068 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
sullster

I have tried everything on previous pages. i think that there is a file missing because i have had a look at the files and also the file currentmap.dat is still showing as my old map of gb & ireland so i think that the issue is with the install. Bit of a pain as i am leaving for Europe today and now have no map

Message 16 of 20 (1,063 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,345
Solutions: 543

If you followed the suggestion on the previous page, that should re-install all the missing files.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 17 of 20 (1,060 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Disappointed_2

Hi,

I've had the same problem - "no maps found" message after updating the maps.

The solution in my case was to remove the navigator software from the device and from the backup on the computer. Then the software is listed in the list of available updates. Download and install it (this took two rounds of downloading and restarting the device) - and make sure it installs on the hard disk, not the memory card (it should do that automatically). After that I could use the maps again.

This was because the old software could not read the updated maps, and TomTom Home did not understand that the software should be updated.

Message 18 of 20 (1,047 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
kach1947

Hi,

I'm very much a newbie to TomTom Forums and the GPS itself. In fact, this is my first ever car and GPS.

This is kind of relevant to this question.

I have a TomTom ViA 1605TM. I updated the current US/ Canada map on the internal storage.

Bought a new 16GB Micro SDHC card. Inserted it into my phone (don't have any other adapter to use to put it into the computer), and then formatted it from there. There is no data on the SD Card.

Then I inserted it into the TomTom. I see the message "Checking the SD Card" on the TomTom, but NOTHING on the computer.

I did the following:

- removed the SD Card, turned off the laptop

- turned on the laptop

- started MyTom Tom.

- inserted the SD card and connected the Tom Tom to the laptop

Still nothing.

Put the SD card in my mobile to test if it works there - a second time. Yes, I am able to see the card, and 14.9 GB of usable storage.

Questions:

What am I doing wrong and what needs to be done for me to see the SD card that I insert into the GPS, in my laptop as a removable device?

Once the above could be resolved, I have additional questions:'

1. How to move maps from internal storage to the SD card? I see that MyTomTom stores the data under C:\Users\<<username>\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\cache" but I also see "HOME" and "HOME3" folders there under "TomTom" folder. so I'm a bit confused.

2. Can I play music from the GPS? If so, what is the process?

Thank you to all who read and respond to this query.

KC

Please use plain text.
Niall
Topics: 37
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 82

Welcome to the forum kach1947

To format your SDHC card your need to insert it into the slot and perform a Soft-reset
Your device will recognize the new card and ask to format it to which you answer "Yes"
Once formatted in TomTom proprietary format, you will not to be able to read the card on any computer.

To Answer your additional questions
A1) MyTomTom decides where to place maps, not the user, as it only uses the card if the internal drive has insufficient space to place a downloaded new map.

A2) Unfortunately none of the new NAV3/NAV4 device are able to play media files

UK & IrelandUSA & CanadaAustralia & New ZealandFranceItaliaDeutschlandNederlandSouth AfricaSloveniaPolska
Device - START 20

App 12.071.1370596.84 (0) (2092, 12/09/2013) 

Map 'Europe' v930.5612 (5/2014)  

MyDriveConnect 3.2.0.1502 (27/03/2014) 

Windows 7 Home 32bit 

Firefox 29.0.1

Java SE 7 Update 67

Flash 14,0,0,177

Living in France

Losely based on Stefan's signature

Help others identify useful content :-
- If someone posted something that was helpful?
Click the Kudos button
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution

Message 20 of 20 (942 Views)
Please use plain text.