Neophyte Traveler
Geordie134
Accepted Solution

NO MAPS FOUND

Hi

I have a Tom Tom Live 820, when I turned it on this morning it says No M maps Found

Can anyone please advise me how to get my map back on? I have looked in my tom tom, but it says map already installed, so not giving me the option to reinstall

Many thanks

David

Message 1 of 51 (15,662 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,400
Solutions: 554

Re: NO MAPS FOUND

Try this:

1. Hold the ON/OFF button, until it reaches the info screen (black screen, white text)

2. After entering the info screen press the ON/OFF button 3 times quickly (it should be 3 presses within one second)

3. The device restarts and only shows a cogwheel, it just entered in the 'recovery mode'

4. Make sure to connect the TomTom device to the computer (so it can download the 'last known good application' for your device)

5. Wait until you see picture of a TomTom (red x) and a laptop, then switch off the TomTom unit

6. Then reset the device, and it should start up normally

7. Wait 5 minutes

Then you can try this as well, to make sure all up to date:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-GO-800-1000-2000-Via/SOLUTION-for-the-GPS-SIGNAL-issue/m-p/2...

- Try to disable your antivirus and firewall, use Firefox, and make sure that your computer is not going into stand-by or similar.
- Clear the cache before each update attempt. Also could do a soft reset before and after the update.
- Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player and Java installed.
- Make sure you have all the latest updates and hotfixes/patches to your OS.
- In case the device looks like hung during the update or the counter stopped, just leave it. It will be fine in a few minutes.
- Check your network connections, make sure that the TT's network adapter is enabled
- Try to uninstall and re-install the MyTomTom application

- Any further issue: Try it on another PC, try it with different USB lead (below steps are Windows specific)
- Whilst the device connected, remove the drivers from the Device Manager (Windows/Control Panel), DELETE the drivers
- Remove the MyTomTom application and run CCLEANER (will remove your history, cookies, etc by default)

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 51 (15,653 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Geordie134

Many thanks for your help

Message 3 of 51 (15,631 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Wayfarer
papillon

[ Edited ]

Have the same problem with GO LIVE 820 after soft-resetting due to charging problems. Ytied all the options but no success. Followed all the steps / advice but stuck on screen saying " No Maps Found "

Message 4 of 51 (15,219 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Clear the cache in the desktop's MyTomTom icon and save the setting.

See if a map is offered again...........

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 51 (15,216 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Wayfarer
papillon

[ Edited ]

No joy-keep getting meesage at My TomTom icon saying GO LIVE 820 connecting -device up to date-Then get message-, busy repairing your navigation device please keep it connected !-Then get message-not connected-repeats this sequence constantly. device screen now either shows spinning cog or icons telling me not to disconnect

Message 6 of 51 (15,205 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
crucan

Hi, does this instruction also work for a Tom Tom Go 920?

I have been having difficulties for months with downloading and installing a new map i purchased.

After succesfully downloading, I then encountered No Maps found - but when the device is connected to the pc (tom tom home version 2.9), it shows the map as being on the device.

I followed an instruction to repeat the download of the map again (after removing traces of haviong done this before) and even though the download process eventually worked for me, I am still getting the No Maps found message on  my device.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated, as I have spent numerous hours trying to getr this sorted.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 51 (15,091 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

The above works on the newer devices only (NAV3).

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 8 of 51 (15,088 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
crucan

Spoiler
Hi, have you any suggestion what I should try with my TomTom Go 920?

Message 9 of 51 (15,085 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

*Always make sure that you are logged in with the correct account to the TomTom HOME application*

Try to run the Clear Flash Tool 3 times:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6178/

Further steps if no luck:

Try to do a soft reset first. Either a pin hole on the bottom, or press and hold the on button, until you hear the drum roll (if your device has no pin hole).

If the above worked, happy days, if not, try the one below:

1. Save everything from the device, using Explorer (or Finder on Mac), include all the files (hidden as well). It is also known as a manual backup: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13354/

2. Then format the internal storage (or memory card, depending which one you use) of your device. Use the COMPLETE format, not the quick. http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12412/

3. Go to TT HOME, Manage my "DEVICE", delete everything from the hard drive and try the update again.

4. Copy your voices and post codes back to the device (also the maps if that didn't download either).

Other tips:

- Try to disable your antivirus and firewall
- Make sure you have the latest .NET cpmponents, Adobe Flash Player and Java installed.
- Make sure you have all the latest updates and hotfixes/patches to your OS.
- In case the device looks like hung during the update or the counter stopped, just leave it. It will be fine in a few minutes.
- Try to uninstall and re-install the TomTom HOME application
- Try to use a USB port on the mainboard, rather than a USB hub (desktop PC)

- Any further issue: Try it on another PC, try it with different USB lead...the shorter the better (below steps are Windows specific)
- Remove the TomTom HOME application and run CCLEANER (will remove your history, cookies, etc by default)

Message 10 of 51 (15,083 Views)
Please use plain text.