New Traveler
marvisser

My TomTom won't download & install map

In my previous TomTom I had the map for Eastern Europe. This old Tomtom didn't function anymore, so I bought the new Live 820 (topgear). This new Tomtom has Europe installed but of course not my downloaded Eastern Europe.

So with 'My Tomtom' I tried to install this map. It says it has the Eastern Europe map in my account, even with the download-button. But when I press that, the button turns grey and nothing happens.

Please how can I install my eastern Europe map?

This happens on my PC and on my Mac, (firefox browser).

Message 1 of 2 (570 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,392
Solutions: 554

Re: My TomTom won't download & install map

Maps are non-transferable. You have to unregister your old device and register the new device to the account. Which region do you have on your 820? I assume Western Europe.

Worst case, give a call to CS to see if you could find anyone with a bit of gesture of good will to enable one download for you, but don't take it granted.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 2 (561 Views)
Please use plain text.