Neophyte Explorer
deegeetee

My TomTom shows device not connected

[ Edited ]

Hi all, just a quick plea for help. I have just purchased a Go Live 1005 Europe, and installed the 'My Tom Tom' software from the official link, and every time I try to connect to get the latest map update (I'm one of the lucky ones for who it is now available), 'My Tom Tom' shows a small red 'x' followed by 'not connected', but also says that my device is up to date and no updates are waiting for installation, but this cannot be true as it hasn't updated to the latest map yet !!.

Despite this, if I go to the 'Activate Code' screen (Yes, I know I don't need to activate the live services, but I am trying all avenues to get a connection), it reads my serial number correctly?

I did have Tom Tom Home installed when I installed My Tom Tom, but have since unistalled both, and reinstalled just the My Tom Tom interface, but still no joy

I am running Vista OS, and I.E.8, any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Dave T

Message 1 of 89 (29,249 Views)
Please use plain text.
wpm
Novice Explorer
wpm

Re: My TomTom shows device not connected

i am having this same issue with tomtom xxl550 on my home page but i am trying to access map share

Message 2 of 89 (29,171 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
deegeetee

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply WPM

Has anyone else anything that can help solve this problem

Message 3 of 89 (29,081 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Try clearing the cache on the notification area mytomtom icon. As well, make sure you have Adobe Flash installed on your computer or the web page will never show 'connected'.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 89 (29,076 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
deegeetee

[ Edited ]

Hi dhn,

Many thanks for the info, but I have already tried all that and it is still not playing !!

I have to say that the lack of support from TT themselves on matters of this nature is truely stunning..........and not in a good way.

Well we live in hope that all these problems will be solved before the 1000 series become obsolete.......in the meantime the clock is ticking on my 90 day latest map guarantee.

Regards Dave T

Message 5 of 89 (28,967 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
deegeetee

[ Edited ]

Well what a difference a day makes..........I've now cracked it!!

I got the download and connection working intermittently, but still couldn't get the download onto the device, because as soon as it downloaded, the software steadfastly refused to connect to the device, despite having connected to it earlier. I also got some device manager messages, stating that a USB device (the USB port I was using !!) had stopped working, despite the fact that it would still read a USB stick perfectly well.

So I got to thinking that it could be an OS problem (Vista as I said in my first posting in the thread).....................so out came the laptop with Windows 7 installed, downloaded the My Tom Tom software to it, connected up the 1005, and BINGO !!..............took several hours, but the map from the 'Latest Map' guarantee is now residing on the device.

So if you are having similar problems, and have access to another computer, give it a go............it may not have even been the OS that was at fault, could have been my machine, so even if you haven't got a machine with W7, give it a go anyway..........you never know?

Now all we have to worry about is how long it will take Tom Tom to get there collective fingers out, and make sure that the rest of the functionality of the devices are soon up and running.............but I won't hold my breath:smileywink:

Many thanks to those who offered advice and help

Message 6 of 89 (28,935 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Glad it worked out for you and thanks for the feedback. It may help others with similar issues.

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 7 of 89 (28,931 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Jiheffe

Same issue here, running Windows 7.... Anybody knows a solution to this issue? I was perfectly happy before with TomTom Home, but somehow it got uninstalled ans this éMy Tomtom" came up instead... Can't connect my Tomtom ONE XL anymore...

Message 8 of 89 (28,886 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Just get a new copy of Home 2 from here:

http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=16

Install. Connect your unit and start Home 2.

Message 9 of 89 (28,882 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
KatJ

Please assist.  Just recently purchased that TT VIA 1535.  I have already registered and Installed TT home or whatever it was.

1st. -  Now when I connect my TT to my computer to get the latest version or it says my TT is not connected.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and to no avail.  I am running Windows 7 OS.

2nd - the four digit 0000 to pair with bluetooth is not pairing with my phone.

Message 10 of 89 (28,517 Views)
Please use plain text.