Master Traveler
Roystonvasey
Accepted Solution

Moving Maps

I have a new TomTom device how can I move a map i purchased from the old device to the new one?

Message 1 of 10 (2,398 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: Moving Maps

Sorry, you can't. Maps are locked to the device they are first installed upon.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 10 (2,397 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
Roystonvasey

Fantastic quick responce.

So I buy a TomTom with US map. I then buy a Australian map, put it onan SD card and swap back and forth between internal US and external Australian system.

My TomTom dies!

So I buy a buy one (XL One) again US map installed but this one doesnt have a SD card slot.

Are you saying I cant use my Australian map tha tI paid for, and isnt on any working TomTom?

Cheers Mike.

Message 3 of 10 (2,394 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

That's what I'm saying.........sadly.

But, if you get a compassionate CS rep at support, you may them to add the map to your account.

Number is: 

0800 450 973

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 10 (2,385 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
wtastle

I purchased lifetime maps for my GO910.  It is now broken and I am purchasing a Go2535 TM WTE.  Do I understand you to say that my lifetime map purchase was a waste of money?  If so, how is this policy "customer centric?"  This is a serious question because if one is locked forever to a single device and cannot move maps with new purchases, what is my motivation for purhasing a TomTom?

The Professor
Message 5 of 10 (2,233 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Lifetime maps are for the USA_Canada map on the unit, not for the Europe map on the unit.

Message 6 of 10 (2,230 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
wtastle

You say "on the unit" and it sounds like only one single unit, not replacement units that may follow the initial unit.  This is a critical distinction so you need to be exact in your statement.  Are lifetime US maps good only for the unit for which it was originally purchased or for all future units?

The Professor
Message 7 of 10 (2,221 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Well Professor, "the" defines a SPECIFIC object.

So, "The unit" means ONLY the unit that you got the map updates for. Or, putting it another way, map updates are NOT transferable to another unit.

Better ?? :smileywink:

Message 8 of 10 (2,216 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
ChristopherG5

What a buncha crock. I paid for it. I should get to do what I want with it. Via: Moving it from TomTom to TomTom if my little heart so desires. Robery.

Message 9 of 10 (1,039 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,387
Solutions: 554

What are you talking about? And this topic also two years old.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 10 of 10 (1,019 Views)
Please use plain text.