Apprentice Traveler
TWMangrove
Accepted Solution

Lifetime Maps code will not work

I keep getting the following error message when I try to use my Lifetime Maps promotion code (335 SE TM):

The activation code you entered is valid but the associated product doesn''t work with your device type or with the version of the application you have installed on it. Please install the latest version of the device application by clicking ''Update my device'' in the main menu. Then enter your activation code again.

I am on version 2.8.4.2596, and TomTom HOME 2 says this is the latest version of the software.

Message 1 of 6 (3,234 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,295
Solutions: 537

Re: Lifetime Maps code will not work

You need to call customer services.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 6 (3,233 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

TWMangrove wrote:

I keep getting the following error message when I try to use my Lifetime Maps promotion code (335 SE TM):

The activation code you entered is valid but the associated product doesn''t work with your device type or with the version of the application you have installed on it. Please install the latest version of the device application by clicking ''Update my device'' in the main menu. Then enter your activation code again.

I am on version 2.8.4.2596, and TomTom HOME 2 says this is the latest version of the software.

The message (rightly or wrongly) is referring to the application on your device, not the version of Home.

As Zsolt says, call CS at 866-486-6866.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 3 of 6 (3,231 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
notifykel

You know GARMIN doesn't require any sort of code or serial # to be put in for their lifetime maps, you just plug the device into your computer and voila it loads the map updates.......TT should follow their lead if they want to keep up and keep customers!

Message 4 of 6 (3,223 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
TWMangrove

The correct answer was to call customer service. They activated the code for me (as the software on my device did not need updating) and the update immediately showed up in TomTom Home.

Message 5 of 6 (3,208 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
htrddr

After purchasing 5 TomTom devices in the past...I think I'm switching to Garmin.  I don't have the time to troubleshoot their product and services.  Should be a plug and play operation..not "call customer service..".  i still can't get lfetime maps to work ...seems like they have a service issue they need to fix without requiring the customers time and patience.

Message 6 of 6 (2,542 Views)
Please use plain text.