New Traveler
Deregowski

Lifetime Map Updates Promo Code

Hey,

About 6 months ago I purchased the TomTom XL 350 M (which includes Lifetime Map Updates). Long story short, I installed TomTom Home on my family computer and used the Promo Code there. I have since gotten a new personal computer and now when I attempt to use the Promo Code, I get the message that the code has already been used.

Is it possible for me to uninstall or remove use of this code on my old computer and be able to apply it to my new computer or will I be stuck having to use my old computer with the code already on it indefinitely?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13 (9,737 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
Revered Voyager
mvl

Re: Lifetime Map Updates Promo Code

Once you use the promo code, it is remembered permanently on Tomtom's servers under your email address / serial number pair.

As long as you log in with the same email address, your lifetime maps subscription will work on any computer.

mvl

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. I am a Tomtom customer, not an employee.

I have seven years of extensive experience with Tomtom navigation products, and have just begun to use a Tomtom fitness watch.
Message 2 of 13 (9,729 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
jerrygrov

Bought my XL335t from Target yesterday. Where do I get the promo code for free map upgrades/updates?

Message 3 of 13 (9,715 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

If you did not buy a 'M' model ,you don't have lifetime map updates or a promo code.

You do get the Latest Map guarantee for an update to current (865) within 30 days of first use.

Get access via Home's Tools menu. Have your unit connected to Home.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 13 (9,706 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Austin

I used my activation code on my XL 350 M on Tomtom Home and now I can't update it without putting my code in again. I don't have my code and I don't see my number on my account, which the website states it should. I have been very disappointed that I have missed 2 updates when I spent the money to have them.

Message 5 of 13 (9,453 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
Revered Voyager
mvl

Austin wrote:

I used my activation code on my XL 350 M on Tomtom Home and now I can't update it without putting my code in again. I don't have my code and I don't see my number on my account, which the website states it should. I have been very disappointed that I have missed 2 updates when I spent the money to have them.

You should be able to log in to Tomtom HOME with the same email address and password as when you used the code, and then go to Update my XL.  This should give you the latest map (version 865).

If it doesn't work, call up Tomtom phone support.  They can reactivate the lifetime subscription, although you may need to fax them the code and/or proof of purchase.

mvl

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. I am a Tomtom customer, not an employee.

I have seven years of extensive experience with Tomtom navigation products, and have just begun to use a Tomtom fitness watch.
Message 6 of 13 (9,262 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
peballentine

Hello,

I bought the TomTom XL 350-TM a couple of years ago. This is the first time I am trying to update the maps. I went to TOMTOM Home and got the message that my device is up-to-date but when I try to use the Promotion Code for the maps it tells me that my device exists but that it is not up-to-date to get the updates.

Help. My son tried it a couple of months after I bought it and complain about what a pain it was to update it. I did not believe him then but he is right. The lifetime maps update does not work. I am getting very frustrated with this piece of crap.

Message 7 of 13 (6,996 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Call CS at 866-486-6866. You should have received a card in the package saying DO NOT DISCARD and you had to register your unit for the lifetime maps.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 8 of 13 (6,986 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
peballentine

I had the card with the code but it was never used until yesterday (18 months later). I called the customer support line and they were able to reset the code that was not working properly for the update procedure (even if recongnized by the system as attached to my unit).

The frustrating part was having to dig for a phone number for more than 30 minutes. Thanks for the info.

Message 9 of 13 (6,975 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
btdaniels

I bought my 1535M about 4 months ago and didn't realize that I only had 90 days to enter the activation code for the lifetime maps.  Now when I enter the activation code, it gives me an error saying that I've exceeded my 90 days.   Tried numerous times to find a customer support phone number on the website and no luck.....it's almost like they don't want you to call if a problem. 

What's the use in paying $90 for a map update when the unit wasn't much more than that.....will make a nice doorstop if I can get some resolution.    I switched from Magellen to Tom Tom, however so far, I'm not impressed!

Message 10 of 13 (4,669 Views)
Please use plain text.