05-07-2012 07:47 PM
I have just bought a US map for my TomTom XL black edition. I followed the instructions on TomTom Home which unistalled my European maps to free up the necessary space and started t download the US map I had just purchased.
However the US map won't download. It is giving me the following error message
Last Error is 00000570 Item metadata is <HOME2 version="2.9">
<title lang="en_GB" mimetype="text/plain">USA</title>
<description lang="en_GB" mimetype="text/plain">- Detailed coverage: United States, Puerto Rico
- Coverage information: Includes all states including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico.
- IQ Routes™ speed profiles give you the fastest route any time of day.
- Roads covered: over 8 million km / over 5 million miles
- Points of Interest (POI's): 3.2 million Points of Interest
- Delivery information: Our TomTom software will ensure the map will successfully be downloaded to your device.
- Map data provider: TomTom</description>
<image mimetype="image/gif" usage="icon" url="https://www.tomtom.com/global/images/United_States
<image mimetype="image/gif" usage="preview" url="https://www.tomtom.com/global/static/images/maps_1
<targetdevice models="limerick512 xl2008_t_2048_m newcastle go510 casablanca1024_ss goclassic go710 xl2008_t_1024_m casablanca1024_gl xl2008_t_2048_m_b one2008_c_2048_m onev3 cork512 go300 xl2008_s_2048_m one2008_s_1024_m one2008_c_1024_m limerick1024_gl_1v8 xl2008_s_1024_m go500 limerick1024 one2008_t_2048_m one cork0 one2008_s_2048_m xl2008_c_2048_m casablanca1024_gl_1v8 limerick0 one2008_t_1024_m casablanca1024_gl_1v8_grey cork1024 newcastle2"/>
<contentprotection devicecode="AKTGAASH32" scheme="durham"/>
<supplier id="tomtom" sharing="false">
<image mimetype="image/png" usage="icon" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/suppliers/tomtom_supp
<rect>-17679474 7439937 -4985187 1765935</rect>
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
Time: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:38:40 GMT
Can anyone help fix this issue. I need the sat nav fr Saturday when I leave for the States
05-07-2012 07:54 PM
Is this during the download or Install phase of the operation? If the latter, you should find it in compressed format here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\
and you can try installing manually. See here:
05-07-2012 08:02 PM
That is not working explorer is telling me the folder United_States on the TomTom is currupted and unreadable. As a result it is also not letting me delete the folder so I can replace it with a new folder.
05-07-2012 08:21 PM
Well, if you indeed have the downloaded map on your computer, then:
1. Use Explorer to format your unit. Don't use quickformat. If Windows throws an error that it can't format, then try highlighting the removable drive representedby TomTom in My Computer. Right Click and one option should be to Repair (or Check for errors). Select that.
Then try formatting the unit.
Next, connect to Home and install the application offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.
Then, connect to the computer and use the instructions in the other post to manually install the map.
05-07-2012 10:49 PM
Tried to reformat using explorer and the reformatting has stalled, been 2 hrs now and it is about 5% of the way through and as part of the reformatting the sat nav has been wiped clean.
Any suggestions on what t od as I now basically have a paperweight
06-07-2012 01:50 AM