Master Traveler
Contrail_25

How to stop a map download

When I got my device I purchased, downloaded (took 8 hours), and installed the Western Europe map.

Now every time I connect my tomtom via, it starts to download the US/NA map. I don't need it.

I've cleared my internet cache, the MyTomTom cache, uninstalled & reinstalled MyTomTom, and it keeps down loading.

Is there any way to stop this? Or am I just going to have to suffer through a 7+ hour download of the map and then another 7+ hour download of the western Europe map?

Message 1 of 7 (1,697 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: How to stop a map download

When you get to 'Get New Items' screen, can't you uncheck the map you don't want?

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 7 (1,695 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
Contrail_25

[ Edited ]

No it's just continously downloading.

That screen only shows the Western Europe map (the one currently installed on my device) available for download. If I check that and try to download it, I get the "Please wait until your download has finished" message.

Message 3 of 7 (1,693 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
Contrail_25

Maybe it's something to do with the lifetime map update service? I have that for the USA/Canada/Mexico map....which is the one downloading.

Message 4 of 7 (1,690 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

You'll need to call CS at 866-486-6866 and ask for a supervisor or 2nd level support to kill the job on your account. I doubt the 1st level knows how to do it.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 7 (1,689 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Benp

Why can't TomTom just put  cancel button in. I accidentally checked the europe map as well as the Australia map i want and now have to download 3GB of unwanted data via my internet connection. Is TomTom going to pay for the extra data that they're making me use????

Message 6 of 7 (452 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
thezerocool

Agreed, a button to stop would be really useful for the customer.  No good having it just at head office.

I have linked up my phone to my pc to do a update on a application only whilst I'm out on the road, I let it do all update which I now realise includes a map when I wont be able to update the map due to time and data restrictions.  A lack of a cancel button means I cant even do the software update until the que clears.   Raaaaaaaa!

Message 7 of 7 (362 Views)
Please use plain text.