29-03-2012 08:04 AM
Here is an update on extensive testing over several days:
Option (1) didn't work, but using option (2) above TT has now reverted to application version 8.351,.
When I boot TT, it now shows two disk symbols while booting, and in TTH2 the SDHC disk now has a small blue image of the card.
But I still have a problem.
Even after soft reset as described above and selection of SDHC as active memory, TTH2 says that no updates are available.
It's not possible to copy all the files from internal memory to the SDHC card because this creates an I/O error every time, which re-appears even after re-fomatting the card as FAT32. But when the SDHC card is inserted directly into a slot in my laptop, it has no problem in handling files on it, and the laptop has successfully re-formatted the card several times .
What do I do now? Am I the only person who is unable to get a whole Europe map onto an approved SDHC 4GB card?
30-03-2012 07:23 AM
Three calls to TT support on 29/3 resulted in the following actions:
1) Check that you have current map subscription
2) Delete all maps from device and computer - yes really!
3) Delete application from internal memory
4) Select internal memory as active, and use TTH to get application updates for device, not map updates
5) When there are no more app updates, select SDHC card as active
6) get updates for device again, this time selecting map updates
7) this should result in complete WEU map being installed on the SDHC card
in my case, it resulted in an I/O error while trying to write to my new clean, FAT32 formatted 4GB SDHC card.
We're still trying to work out why.. any ideas?
08-04-2012 02:51 PM
After much testing of every possible cause of the problem, it turns out either
1) that my 4GB SDHC card was defective, even though it quick formatted OK. When SLOW formatted, it gave a windows 7 error message: this format cannot be completed.
2) for some obscure reason, TT cannot handle 4GB SDHC cards, even though it's OK with 2GB SDHC cards and with 16GB Micro SD cards in an adaptor.
To prove this, I tried a 2GB SDHC card and successfully downloaded a Zone map (<2GB) onto it, and I also tried a 16GB micro SD card in SDHC adaptor - both worked first time.
Either way, it WORKS!!, so I can now enjoy my Easter!!
Thanks to Lars, Chris_L, Giangi for their comments and support. I'm glad I got there in the end...