Apprentice Explorer
stefalica

Re: Traffic After 9.4 Update

have had same issues of connection problems on my 2 tomtoms last week. struggle to connect to traffic service in Hampshire area

working again at last today but went on for a few days last week. and this in areas where traffic service had

been rock solid for last 18 months

was getting error 148 on both tomtoms (different models and software builds)

resetting and all the other tips from tomtom support dont help. Friend at work was having exact same issue

Message 11 of 29 (679 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
nictry

After a full factory reset yesterday this morning my XL Live will not connect to live service at all, just keeps stating Error Code 10 your Sim card is invalid

This is totally unacceptable, TomTom need to sort out whatever the latest update has done as right now I am not receiving the service I have paid for
Message 12 of 29 (644 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
JR007

Since installing 9.4 on my Go 740 I am getting SIM card problems - error 1008. This seems to be a know problem so I have asked to be notified as to developments. In the meantime I am without live services when on the move (when I really need them). Is TomTom going to compensate us for lost days of service (e.g. an extension to our expiry dates)?

By the way when my TomTom is connected to my computer and I use 'Operate my device' in TomTom Home I do get live services - must be using my home internet connection. Unfortunately this is not much help when on the move.

Message 13 of 29 (626 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
JPC24

[ Edited ]

Hi,

One of many threads on this subject, another good one is NAVCORE 9.40 Update.

Yes it does operate when connected through HOME due to the fact that the data is gathered over the internet not using the LIVE connectivity using the SIM Card.

TOMTOM have stated that they are willing to consider compensation on a Case by Case basis.

This is also the second update that has had this issue, the original 9.0 update had the same problem.

JPC24

Message 14 of 29 (536 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
seasidetomtom

Hi JR007

I raised the very same issue with Customer Services last week, and have been assured our expiry dates will be extended to cover the loss of service.

Only trouble is that is not much use at the moment ...I am sure we would all rather have the sevice in use.

Tom Tom have let us down big style this time ! It seems to be taking an eternity to sort out.

Message 15 of 29 (494 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
nictry

Well my XL Live had to go back to TomTom as the Sim card error transferred to a white/red cross and inability to connect to PC as the device was not recognised.

Having said this, I am not confident upon its return the live service will be any better, googling shows so many complaints about services being erratic (as an understatement) since the software updates :smileysad:

Message 16 of 29 (463 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
cuddles

JR007 wrote:

Since installing 9.4 on my Go 740 I am getting SIM card problems - error 1008. This seems to be a know problem so I have asked to be notified as to developments. In the meantime I am without live services when on the move (when I really need them). Is TomTom going to compensate us for lost days of service (e.g. an extension to our expiry dates)?

By the way when my TomTom is connected to my computer and I use 'Operate my device' in TomTom Home I do get live services - must be using my home internet connection. Unfortunately this is not much help when on the move.

Hi I downloaded this new update and found I lost the traffic as well ,with error 1008. For time being I deleted the 9.4 and installed the earlier version. TRAFFIC back again.

Message 17 of 29 (424 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
JPC24

Quick update on this thread!

TOMTOM have a new release (9.401) which can now be downloaded.

I completed it yesterday adn at present all seems to be working fine.

Regards

JPC24

Message 18 of 29 (408 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
seasidetomtom

Likewise. New downlaod appear to be working fine. Fingers crossed ! Expiry date of my Live Services has yet to be amended but that can wait a few days before customer services will get a call.

Message 19 of 29 (405 Views)
Please use plain text.
LDT
Neophyte Explorer
LDT

[ Edited ]

I too have had lots of probelms since the update. The unit is more stable than it used to be, it doesn't crash as soon as it's switched on anymore, but the Live services availability has been extremely poor. On Friday I drove all the way up the M1 from London and no service at all. Intermittant problems even today, despite updating to the latest version.

But for me, the most worrying thing is that the speed indication is no longer accurate! It is much slower to respond to changes in speed and often it gets stuck on completely the wrong speed. This seems to happen a lot in areas where there are roadworks with average speed cameras. For example the bit of the M1 around Milton Keynes where there are many miles of road works. The GPS will freeze on 53 mph, even though you can be driving much faster than that. It caught me out the other day and I'm just hoping I'm not going to get a ticket!!!

Message 20 of 29 (365 Views)
Please use plain text.