Legendary Explorer
murph19-21

Tom Tom Server

Has any one had this problem today ?

Unable to contact Tom Tom Server for Traffic all day.  Coming up server error try later

Message 1 of 15 (598 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
sasha13

Re: Tom Tom Server

Your lucky i have had it since the 23rd of December, bloody live trsffic

Message 2 of 15 (594 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
murph19-21

Server came up again at 12.20 GMT

However, connecting to it takes alittle longer

Message 3 of 15 (570 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Fose1952

From area surrounding Milan, Italy, December 31st;

How is it possible that across the last month I've always been advised that a "TomTom server error (un-availability)" error has occurred?

It is an unacceptable shame and a proof of non interest to customers that this is always happening in a very continuous way across the most trafficked periods of the year. There is no way to make good advertisement to friends. No one loves to pay subscriptions for services which are only rarely available.

Regards

Message 4 of 15 (413 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,132
Solutions: 512

Is your device up to date? Do you have a valid traffic subscription? Other than that, try to contact customer services:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/How-to-use-the-forum/How-to-Contact-support/m-p/292358/highlight/tr...

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 5 of 15 (402 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Fose1952

Subscription's OK, expires August 8th 2013; as the issue is not new and was experienced many times in the past months, I did in fact contact TT; result is almost ZERO; I guess it is their problem to fix it, not being the issue a personal one but I read very popular amongs sub-scribers. A good sign of willinh would be a free-extension of the services. As proposed already by others. 

Message 6 of 15 (370 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

How long your battery holds the charge when fully charged?

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 7 of 15 (355 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Fose1952

Lasting time of fully charged battery not checked in detail but it seems to be OK in the sense that it exceeds 1 or 2 hours ++ when travelling without charger in operation. Not sure if this can help, but the "server out of service-Tom Tom server error" message is continuously displayed (with the spinning wheeel) also when the navigator is running OK for maps/roads and is under car's re-charging mode.

Message 8 of 15 (336 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
LM67CART

MY LIVE TRAFFIC HAS BEEN DOWN FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS, HAVE RESET THE TOM BUT ALL IT SHOWS IS THAT THE SERVER HAS AND ERROR, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM!

Message 9 of 15 (276 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

Try to contact TT customer services to check your account. Link in my signature.

Message 10 of 15 (264 Views)
Please use plain text.