Prominent Wayfarer
shellade

Re: Mac OS X Lion will drop Rosetta (PowerPC support) - will TomTom issue an Intel version of HOME?

I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with your Mac, I'm running the lowley Leopard but all in all the set up of 'mytomtom' was troublefree, I hope the other threads help you get into your TomTom before making a decision to buy a Garmin. The reason I want you to try and get the TT working is the current problems with the new series Garmin and some of the old units where traffic is concerned, I could go into a long stream of why not's but there was an interesting post (1.21.2012) on Amazon regarding a Garmin2595LMT I think this may help in understanding the current problems with those PND's and the whole traffic reporting picture, if you care to read it may save you some further headaches.

Hope you stay with us.

Regards, Adrian.

p.s I did have the new series Garmins and returned them all!

Shellade
Message 11 of 21 (1,284 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
monkeysaidwhat

Re: Mac OS X Lion will drop Rosetta (PowerPC support) - will TomTom issue an Intel version of HOME?

It's working now, I just had to change the port to 5000.  When my daughter comes home, I'm going to show her how to get her system, cameras, and map updates - she's on Snow Leopard, but we have the same Tom Tom model and the same Mac issue.

My first GPS was a Tom Tom One (it didn't say road names). When the updated maps became bigger than its memory, I went out to buy a new Tom Tom, but the store had a huge discount offer on the Garmin, so I bought it instead.  It worked fine for 2.5 years, but I always felt like entering addresses was backwards. When MSN Direct was discontinued, I lost traffic info on my Garmin, and when I called to ask how to get traffic info back (I assumed they'd offer an alternate service of some type), I was basically told that I didn't need traffic, and I should just be happy with the basic functions. I've never appreciated the "sit down and shut up" approach to customer service, so I'm in no danger of ever buying a Garmin again.  Since I was planning to buy a GPS for my directionally-challenged, teenager, I decided to just buy two Tom Toms, and I gave the Garmin away.

I looked for the Amazon post you mentioned, but I didn't find it.  Anyway, since it's working, the point is moot.

Message 12 of 21 (1,273 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
shellade

[ Edited ]

Well so glad all is well, my long suffering wife has a Garmin and though drives great distances with horses is terribly challenged by any direction, she is now going to buy a TomTom.

The Amazon article was very interesting and I must apologise it was the 27th January!, But its a moot point, good luck and safe travels.

Kindest regards - Adrian.

Shellade
Message 13 of 21 (1,271 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
keiooz

Thanks for sharing the instruction on this. It really saves me a lot of time and effort looking for the best way to fix it.

Message 14 of 21 (1,265 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
quito

HI:

Tried the direct link to mytomtom download.  Downloaded it and installed it.  But it gives me the statement that it does not support my Mac architecture (iMac G5  MacOS 10.5.8.  Please advise if you have a version that will run on my system.  The GPS update for my Via is mandatory but I understand that I can only install lit under mytomtom. so need a software version that will work or the Via1505 I have i useless.

Please advise version or workaround.

Thank you

Message 15 of 21 (1,150 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
hct99

[ Edited ]

quito wrote:

HI:

Tried the direct link to mytomtom download.  Downloaded it and installed it.  But it gives me the statement that it does not support my Mac architecture (iMac G5  MacOS 10.5.8.  Please advise if you have a version that will run on my system.  The GPS update for my Via is mandatory but I understand that I can only install lit under mytomtom. so need a software version that will work or the Via1505 I have i useless.

Please advise version or workaround.

Thank you

Unfortunately MyTomTom works only on Intel based Macs, yours still on PowerPC. Do you have a friend with a newer Mac (all Macs where transitioned to Intel processors in 2006)? That friend could set up a new account on his Mac for you to use occasionally for TomTom updates.

Christian

TomTom Go LIVE 1000
Apple Computers
Message 16 of 21 (1,143 Views)
Please use plain text.
VRB
New Traveler
VRB

I agree, despite all the help from staff and the help page, I can not get my TomTom 1400 to connect to my Mac, it continually says "connecting" even though I made the recommended changes to system preferences etc, this is a very frustrating process, to say the least, it has consumed way too much of my time already 

Message 17 of 21 (797 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
aknox19

I tried the link for Mac but could not install because it is from an unknown developer and my only option is to close out. Before finding the link you provided, I was only able to download Windows on my Mac with the same message. Running VMWare I tried to download and install there, but I was only given the option to download the Mac version. I am having the same issue as those where the tomtom device is not communicating with the computer. I'm on OS X Lion with a VIA 1605. The device works well, but frustrated with the Home software.

Message 18 of 21 (458 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

[ Edited ]

Hi

Welcome to the site

The latest NAV3 Tom-tom's use MyTomTom, make sure you've got the latest version of the MyTomTom application installed on your computer.

How to install MyTomTom :- http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13146

FAQ-MyTomTom-troubleshooting-tips-Mac

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-800-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/FAQ-MyTomTom-troubleshooting-tips-Mac...

More Mac Tips : Error : From an unknown developer

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-800-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/FAQ-MyTomTom-troubleshooting-tips-Mac...

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 19 of 21 (450 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
lighting42paul

Hi

you mentioned that your Mac does not like TomTom developer when trying to install My TomTom;  I had the same problem.

See link belwo as to how I resolved that problem.

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-800-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/TOMTOM-app-with-OS-X/m-p/465454#M5455...

Paul
Message 20 of 21 (420 Views)
Please use plain text.