28-05-2011 10:39 PM
I have the same problem that started after a map upgrade, I have two recievers and neither of them work since installing the new map. Tried resets and factory resets with no effect on the problesm.
28-05-2011 11:51 PM
I am not sure it helps the last post, but I purchased a new usb/powered aerial and it works fine. The latest Europe map also works fine. So it could be in my case that the RDS-TMC jack socket was at fault?
03-06-2011 10:55 PM
Have you tried holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum roll in order to reset the unit?
07-08-2011 06:16 PM
I have a GO 730 and my RDS-TMC stopped working after connecting to the latest HOME. I contacted Niki from TomTom Customer Support and she told me to do a factory reset following her instructions. Still no joy apart from a instruction at the boot up stage which reads that TomTom will not be liable for any loss of service etc,etc. This I did not get before. I can send it back to TomTom at a large expense for repair, or buy the latest model with a trade in!!!!. I had no trouble updating my 730 before and RDS-TMC always worked before until the new model was released?. Any help would be gratefully received.
14-08-2011 11:25 PM
Can see a common pattern possibly - the traffic rxr started working intermittently after latest map upgrade - to a point after latest traffic updates stopped completely ! Most annoying, Don't want to spend lots on a return to the factory for what I think is a software issue, Anyone got a definitive answer as to whether this is a map issue at heart
15-08-2011 01:19 AM
You might try running the Windows error-checking procedure. It worked for me last year when all else failed to get the device to recognise the receiver. The process is described here: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_
15-08-2011 08:08 PM
I have tried all everything below and still no RDS-TMC and my connection is all OK:-If your RDS-TMC receiver is not connecting properly to your device, please follow the steps below. Some instructions will depend on whether you use a PC or Mac, and for these we have the PC instructions and first and the Mac instructions just after that so please follow the ones for your own system.
STEP 1 Install the latest version of TomTom Home
If you haven't already done so, please download and Install the latest version of TomTom Home from http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=16&t
STEP 2 - Creating a backup of your map
- Charge your unit for at least two hours (preferably via the home charger)
- Perform a reset on your device (see: http://www.tomtom.com/6965 )
- Connect your device to the computer and turn it on
- Open the Home software, go to page 2 and press on the "Manage My GO" button.
- Tick your map and press on the "Copy to Computer" button
IMPORTANT: We advise you to follow the next steps ONLY if you have made a successful backup of your map.
STEP 3 Run a Disk Error check
Check your device for any errors. You can do this by visiting www.tomtom.com/9907, which has instructions for each operating system.
STEP 4 Delete the Application Files
On a PC:
- Open My Computer; you will see the device as a removable disk. Double click into it.
- You will see a list of yellow folders and a list of loose files
- Delete all of the loose files (Loose files are the files that are not Yellow Folders)
**IMPORTANT**: Any of the other YELLOW folders with their content must NOT be deleted.
- Delete the yellow folder called GNS - this is the only yellow folder that you should delete.
On a Mac:
- On your desktop, you will see the TomTom disk here, please click into it.
- You will see a list of blue folders and a list of loose files
- Delete all of the loose files (Loose files are the files that are not blue Folders)
**IMPORTANT**: Any of the other BLUE folders with their content must NOT be deleted.
- Delete the blue folder called GNS - this is the only blue folder that you should delete.
STEP 5 Delete the Downloaded Program Application file on your computer
- Open TomTom Home 2
- Click on ‘Manage my GO/ONE -> Items on Computer’
- Tick the option for ‘Applications’
- Click on ‘Remove items from computer'
STEP 6 Update Your Device.
- Click on 'Update my Go', or 'Update My One'
- In the list of updates, you will see a 'Program Application'.
- Deselect all other updates that may appear then click on 'Update and Install'. This will download and install the program application update.
- Please repeat STEP 6 until no further application updates are offered.
- Once complete, Click on 'Device -> Disconnect Device', then turn off your device and disconnect it from your computer.
- Switch the device on; it should load up to the map screen.
STEP 7 Run the Clear Flash tool.
- Download the clear flash tool from http://www.tomtom.com/6178 and follow the instructions on this web page.
- Once this has completed, switch your unit off, disconnect it from the Computer and then switch it back on.
STEP 8 Connect your TMC Receiver
- In your car, lay out the RDS TMC Receiver in a straight line across your dashboard
- Switch the device on
- Connect the TMC receiver to your device and make sure that the receiver is firmly plugged in. You might need to press a little bit harder to make sure.
- You should see on the screen of the device a message to say that the RDS TMC receiver has been connected.
- If not, try rotating the Plug of the TMC receiver connected to the unit by 1/4 turns, and see if the screen shows this message (this only applies to non-USB receivers).
Please also check to see if the RDS TMC socket is not damaged in anyway and also if there the black 'O' Ring is not missing in the socket where you connect the RDS TMC receiver (this only applies to non-USB receivers).
17-08-2011 10:11 AM
This looks a comprehensive set of instructions to try - will give it a go after a backup is confirmed. Interesting your note about the black 'O' Ring - mine is missing and has been for a while - no damage to connector - but would be interested if that is an item that TomTom can provide separately - any idea how to aquire one ?
Plan to loan a receiver from a friend also. So annoyed that traffic is not working !!