Master Explorer
MJP59
Accepted Solution

Tom Tom Home No device connected

I have updated Tom Tom Home to the latest version 2.8, but it does not recognise my Tom Tom Go 520.

The battery in my device is fully charged and is working correctly.

My OS is Windows 7 which is able to detect my Tom Tom.

Tom Tom Home starts when the Tom Tom is connected to my computer, but doesn't detect my Tom Tom. If I hover mouse pointer over system tray icon it says navigation device connected.

I've tried the two solutions I have found on the support pages of downloading the home_images folder and unzipping to root folder of Tom Tom, this did not work.

The other support page suggested re-formatting the Tom Tom. This did not work either.

I've tried different USB ports and also tried a different computer
and still get the no device connected error.

Finally I've tried the reset button on base of unit with no joy.

This seems to be an issue with various models of Tom Tom and Home.

Any other ideas, or has anyone sucessfully sorted this?

Message 1 of 120 (33,356 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Navigator
Wyvern46

Re: Tom Tom Home No device connected

You could try a reset, then not turn the device on until Home is running and you have the device connected to the computer.

[aka Guivre46]
Go550Live
Go530T
One XLT WE
Based: West London
Message 2 of 120 (33,342 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
MJP59

Thanks Wyvern, I've just tried that with no luck. In fact I trhink I've tried every possible combination of connecting the Sat Nav to the PC with Home running, home not running, Sat nav on before connecting to USB, Sat Nav off before connecting to USB. Nothing works anymore. I find it really strange that if I hover the mouse pointer over the Tom Tom system tray icon it says Navigation device connected, but Home doesn't register that it is.

Message 3 of 120 (33,333 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
MJP59

Just had a brain wave. Decided to run Home as administrator, this didn't make any difference, then tried compatibility mode choosing XP service pack 3. Immediately Home started it suggested I back up my device before making changes. I let it do this, and now I'm in the process of updating my maps, so it looks as though either running in compatibilty mode or running in compatibility and as administrator has solved the problem. I haven't tested just using compatibilty as I'm not certain how to undo the run as administrator, which appears to be a permanent change as the UAC widow pops up each time I start Home now.

Anyway looks like issue has been solved.

Message 4 of 120 (33,327 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Navigator
Wyvern46

Use a Mac myself, but have seen logging on as 'Administrator' as standard advice for a number of problems - stick with it.

[aka Guivre46]
Go550Live
Go530T
One XLT WE
Based: West London
Message 5 of 120 (33,319 Views)
Please use plain text.
Giangi
Kudos: 98
Solutions: 17

After having upgraded my Go750 to v9.400 TTH wasn't able to see it, even if I keep UAC off on my Seven...

I have downloaded and installed the files from http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7375 and TTH was able to see my unit! http://www.tomtom.com/updates/home_images.zip

I have then took a look into the backup I have done just after I bought the unit and that folder was present! I guess I have deleted it during "housekeeping" the internal memory... :smileyhappy:

Ciao!
Giangi
---
DeviceName=TomTom GO
DeviceVersionHW=GO 750
RamDiskVersion=20130404
BootLoaderVersion=55279
LinuxVersion=842337
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9510
ApplicationVersion=1234792.1
Message 6 of 120 (33,283 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
lippie

Can not connect ONE XL S to my computer. I have vista operating system.

I tried reset TOM TOM

Bluetooth  is Paired with my computer.

Installed TOMTOM home, twice.

Plugged TOM TOM with computer restart several times.

Unplugged TOM TOM several times, and restarted computer.

The last thing I tried I saved the HOME fie and I tried to unzip the file by right clicking and sending the file to BLUE TOOTH icon.

I opened the file the first time with Internet Explorer, my computer freaked out. I had to restart computer, delete the file. I reinstalled the file and I tried the unzip by right clicking pointing to BLUE TOOTH icon where it goes into a Wizard with 

Authentication

I tried both ways with the checked box

Authentication ON / OFF.

Still no transfer of file.

If that's the ROOT file to TOM TOM ?

Please help, I need to UPDATE MY TOM TOM>

Thanks

Dennis

Message 7 of 120 (32,433 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
travelRN

Is there an easy fix for home not shwoing up? tapped yes, then nothing..have followed ALL the directions...and yes TomTom does open on my computer. Tech support please address this problem ASAP. there are too many of us out here with this problem!

Message 8 of 120 (30,942 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
TVS4046

I purchased my TomTom Go about a year ago and it had the Europe Maps on it. 

I now only seem to have UK maps.

On trying to rectify this I found that the Mac was telling me that there is no device connected !!!!

My device has recognised the computer connection and has been trying to sync. The result of this is that my device is telling me that there are no maps found !!!

I would dearly love to speak to somebody at TomTom about this but I cannot find a telephone number.

Could somebody please enlighten me on the problem and tell me how I can restore the device to proper working order.

Many thanks.

Message 9 of 120 (30,820 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
highwayman

I'm running windows XP, when I try to download updates,it keeps saying no device connected.

Message 10 of 120 (30,697 Views)
Please use plain text.