Novice Explorer
yamahad99

TOMTOM does not start anymore

[ Edited ]

My TOMTOM GO 930 does not start anymore. I had it connected in my car and on my computer, the green light comes on but when I press the start button nothing happens. Can anyone help me and tell me what can the problem be or what can I do to get it working again.

Thanks

OK its Saturday, a day after I wrote my first help call to the TOMTOM world, the advice I got yesterday seemed reasonable to do, unfortunately even after more then 14 hours loading the TT is still dead, so I need more help.

Could it be the batterycompletely  flat so it cant be charged anymore (it happened once to one of my cellphones), seems I have to get me a new battery and try it again. Would still be greatful if any body nows a easier solution.

Message 1 of 24 (6,061 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: TOMTOM does not start anymore

The green light signifies power to the unit but not that the battery is fully charged or anywhere near that.

When you say it won't start, do you mean nothing happens or it just won't boot up?

If nothing at all, try leaving it charging for 3 or 4 hours and then try.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 24 (6,060 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
yamahad99

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, I mean nothing happens, it is not booting up, it just sits here and screen stays dark.

I will do as you said, I leave it connected for the next hours and then I shall see.

Message 3 of 24 (6,057 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
yamahad99

Hi DHN,

got a replay from TOMTOM (Beatrice) to load the device and then reset it . As I told you, loading did not work, or the TT did not show it to me, because it did not turn on, but I reseated it anyhow and oh wonder it worked. My TOMTOM GO 930 is doing its job again, the battery does not keep the device on for more the a minute, but this was already befor the reset and even when I bought it it would not work for a long period of time its not meant to work without being connected to some power source.

Thanks again

keep up your help

Hello from old Germany

Message 4 of 24 (6,018 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
duncanlx

[ Edited ]

i have the same trouble with my TT GO730 have tried leaving it on charge over night but still no luck. Any other suggestions would be helpful

I have even replaced the battery!!

Message 5 of 24 (5,947 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
gblock

I think TomTom owes us our money back, or a new TT. I have a 930, very lightly used. It used to work fine. Battery light is green when plugged in, otherwise not. I have updated maps etc from the website, reset it holding it down for 15 seconds, charged it overnight. When I reset it, it gave the little drum beat, but then nothing, screen is black. I don't see any way to change the battery on this model.

Message 6 of 24 (5,882 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

See HERE for a 'how to' to change the battery on that model.

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 7 of 24 (5,880 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
gblock

Thanks, DHN. But although it says it is a pdf file, the link actually downloads an exe file and also sets up a very aggravating set of pop-up audio adds. Do I really have to run that exe file to get the pdf? And how do I get these ads to shut up?

Message 8 of 24 (5,877 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

[ Edited ]

That's strange. The link I provided is to a thread about the battery replacement. In the first post of the thread is a link to a file storage site from which the pdf file can be downloaded. No exe files are involved at all.

Can you get to the download site with the following link? http://www.mediafire.com/?hmmweumunik

Just click on the 'click here to start download' yellow box

Message 9 of 24 (5,871 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
gblock

Thanks! For some reason when I clicked on the link in the thread, no "click here to start download" appeared, only miscellaneous other download options. But this time it was there, and I got the pdf. THANKS.

Message 10 of 24 (5,857 Views)
Please use plain text.