Novice Explorer
zhena99
Accepted Solution

How to update my TomTom

I've heard that you can add features to your TomTom GPS. I have an XL335 LM model. I want to add two features: turn by turn directions and annoucing the name of the road. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 9 (1,472 Views)
Please use plain text.
NC
Kudos: 194
Solutions: 72

Re: How to update my TomTom

Your TomTom already got those two features, no need to add.

To enable stree names, you need to pick a computer voice.

I am a TomTom user just like you.

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution on the most helpful reply
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos button

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 2 of 9 (1,470 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
zhena99

So some voices say street names and others don't? How do I access turn by turn directions then? I've yet to figure it out.

Message 3 of 9 (1,460 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

As mentioned, select a computer voice in voice preferences if you want actual street names to be read out. Is that what you mean by 'turn by turn' instructions?

All voices will say 'In 300 yards Turn left' but the computer voice will say 'In 300 yards Turn left on Pine Street'

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 9 (1,458 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
zhena99

Thanks! I selected the computer voice. What I mean by turn by turn directions is an actual list of the turns I will have to make. I had that on my last GPS, and it was awesome! I'm not sure if this GPS has that feature or if it doesnt, can I add it somehow?

Message 5 of 9 (1,456 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Oh, now I understand.........

Your model comes with EasyMenu. Look at the information in this link: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136159 to create a custom menu structure to return some additional user functionality.

Not sure but, with the enhanced menu, after the route is determined, select 'options' or 'view details' and one choice may be 'view as text'. That's the one you want. Full featured models have that selection choice.

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 6 of 9 (1,454 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
zhena99

Thanks!! I'll check it out. :womanhappy:

Message 7 of 9 (1,449 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
zhena99

I actually just figured it out! I didn't have to go that site you gave me. Once you mentioned to click on details once your in the map, I tried it and there it was...view as text!! Just what I needed! I can also view a demo of the route from there!! Thanks so much!! Very helpful! Happy Easter! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 8 of 9 (1,446 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

You're welcome and the same to you.........

Message 9 of 9 (1,443 Views)
Please use plain text.