Renowned Trailblazer
Iwashere

go 500 map color schemes

I think map color schemes must be added, or at least with one, with strong colours. This one as nice aquarela colors, but they are not very visible in very strong sun conditions, and i have the bright set to the maximum range.

I joked about Tomtom burning the trees ( due to the color they have now), but strong colours give more visibility after all.

Im going  a week to Spain, and im goin to see the thing in action, but i think that there is a massie lack in features that Tomtom must correct in a flash, or they will be loosing customers at a high rate in no time.

Another thing needed, at least on my side, is the pois updated, and increases with selection by genre,and the possibility to select the ones that we want to see shown in the map itself. For instance, atractions, hotels, or restaurants.

If you go on a trip its much easier if you have an on map icon, and if you want to go there to a meal ( or other type poi), you just need to select it, instead of searching for them. So a selection of pois for type is also a must, like in older devices. Some options seam rubbish, but in global they give you a better use of the device.

Message 1 of 11 (1,621 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
Iwashere

Re: go 500 map color schemes

[ Edited ]

original.pngwith contrast.jpg

Before i go on trip, just wanted to show you all an exemple of the need of more shemes. As you can see in the image  first (uploaded by Zsolt) is as it appears in the device. Now look at the second image. I just increased the contrast. Can you see the added  detail and visibility?

Message 2 of 11 (1,550 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,390
Solutions: 554

It can be due to the zoom level. When you zoom in or out, the angle also changes. That might have an effect on the colours.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 3 of 11 (1,522 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
Iwashere

[ Edited ]

I will test that on my trip, but don't think that the zoom will change something significantly. ow imagine the change in visibility that you can have in use. More, if the we can have more color schemes, wit strong colors the visibility will increase much, especially under a bright sun.

PS: The contrats of the device also could br increased a bit by software?

Message 4 of 11 (1,517 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Navigator
Muenster

Iwashere wrote:

Another thing needed, at least on my side, is the pois updated, and increases with selection by genre,and the possibility to select the ones that we want to see shown in the map itself. For instance, atractions, hotels, or restaurants.

Why don't you just start a search and write "Hotel" or whatever you want. It's all there. Just look for it.

Kind regards
Henrik Münster
Denmark
--
TomTom GO 6000
Message 5 of 11 (1,457 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
Iwashere

Yeah! Its all there...maybe i'm stupid than! And this is my first Tomtom. It would be nic also if i had 5 years instead of 60... .

Message 6 of 11 (1,423 Views)
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Explorer
hulkyboy

Muenster wrote:

Why don't you just start a search and write "Hotel" or whatever you want. It's all there. Just look for it.

I beg to differ.  The quantity of POIs is severely lacking on these devices, so just typing hotel is going to find you a very much shortened list.  In fact, it seems incredulous that they would have a different POI database to that on offer on earlier devices.  So, the most reasonable explanation is that there is something severly wrong with the search function, to the point where it simply can't handle the amount of information, or worse still, can't even find it when it's there,

Message 7 of 11 (1,401 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Toberg

You can seach it, but it will be nice if you just have to push a button. It is not easy too drive at Wright in the same time, and it is not save.

So select the ones that we want to see shown in the map itself. For instance, atractions, hotels, or restaurants.it will be very usefull

Message 8 of 11 (1,218 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Navigator
Muenster

I can see, that the search for POI's seem a little simple. There used to be a long list of categories, from which you could choose. Now there seems to be nothing. I have tried to experiment, and I think, there are actually a lot of POI's. I've found a large supermarket, an IKEA, a hotel down i Frankfurt and a train station over in Copenhagen (300 km away), where I had to pick up some friends. If you have a hotel reservaition, you can just choose the town and write the name of the hotel. But if you just write hotel, it might be a shorter list than before, I don't know.

Kind regards
Henrik Münster
Denmark
--
TomTom GO 6000
Message 9 of 11 (1,147 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
CarlosP

Yes, I agree the color schemes are realy very unreadable, very bad. more schemes are welcome with strong colors. 

In 3D mode al routes are in black, and the zoom was very close.

I suggest:

1 - More colors scheme (like old an very good TomToms)

2 - A bar of zoom limits the minimal and maximal indexed to the seef of the carin 3D 

3 - The poi and traffic sign post on the screen

I have the go600 and it was good in the map smooth, but very bad on colors, in routes 3D and no sign posts

Message 10 of 11 (1,080 Views)
Please use plain text.