Apprentice Traveler
mykle315

tomtom via 1535 keeps losing gps signal

My via 1535 keeps losing gps signal. I updated the gps fix and it still doesn't work.it will lock onto about 8 satellites and then lose them in about 5 seconds.it just keeps doing this.any ideas? Thank you

Message 1 of 10 (3,970 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

Re: tomtom via 1535 keeps losing gps signal

[ Edited ]

Hi

Welcome to the site

Try a Soft/drum-roll start :-  Link below.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965/

You won’t lose anything

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 2 of 10 (3,951 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
MikkoK

Hi mykle 351,

You can find some further troubleshooting instructions at http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16092

Remember to back up your favourites before doing a factory reset: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15190

Should this not solve your issue, you're probably dealing with a hardware fault. Please, contact Customer Service.

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/How-to-use-the-forum/How-to-Contact-support/m-p/292358#M22

Cheers, Mikko

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 3 of 10 (3,939 Views)
Please use plain text.
YamFazMan

[ Edited ]

Hi MikkoK

That top link is really good :smileyhappy:

Tomtom support is a bit like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy's answer 42, The answer to the world the universe and everything, :smileysurprised: 

If you know where to look.:smileywink:

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content :-

- If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Kudos button.
- If someone answered your question? Click Accept as Solution.
Also have you tried clicking on the Suport Button.PNG button at the top of the forum page ??? 
World phone numbers to contact Customer support :- Phone-numbers.
Other ways to contact TomTom Support :- How-to-Contact-support.

Message 4 of 10 (3,928 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
MikkoK

Hi YFM,

It's also being updated at least as frequently :smileywink: This FAQ for instance is a brand new one. So it's good to keep on checking them every once in a while.

Cheers, Mikko

Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.
Message 5 of 10 (3,911 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Robert617

I just updated my Via 1535TM yesterday with the newest software, newest maps, and the GPS fix.  It took over 10 hours to complete the update over my high speed cable because the TomTom software kept losing the connection with the GPS and constantly had trouble detecting it. I'm glad it was a holiday and I had the day off.

Today...  my GPS is useless.  It shows me driving in the river rather than on the roadways.  It loses the GPS signal constantly.  Sometimes it shows that it lost the signal 3-5 minutes ago.  When I look at the GPS status screen, I see that it is receiving 11 satellites and locked on 3-4 satellites. while I'm driving on open roads with no obstructions.

I also noticed another significant change...  When I used to enter tunnels and it lost the GPS signal, it would show the vehicle continuing to move and estimated my location on the last road I was travelling.  Now, the screen just stops moving until it regains a GPS signal (after I've missed a turn or exit).

I tried all of the tips listed in this posting and none of them work, including "contact Tom Tom"...  It seems they are hiding their phone number and don't want any calls.  I even tried Googling customer support and found a "technical support number" 1-866-4-TOM-TOM which aparently doesn't work either.  I live about 30-45 minutes from their headquarters in Concord MA and I'm thinking of driving there if I can find the time.

Message 6 of 10 (3,883 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,392
Solutions: 554

Try to do a soft reset. Link in my signature. They don't hide the numbers, all the numbers are on their page:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/How-to-use-the-forum/How-to-Contact-support/m-p/292358/highlight/tr...

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 7 of 10 (3,881 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
BillFrankPGH

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem with the same GPS since the most recent update I did.  Connects but about every 10 seconds it loses connection and has to refind all the satellites.  Sometimes it fails for upwards of a minute.  GPS is pretty much unusable at this point.

GPS was working fine for a whole year till this update.

Message 8 of 10 (3,847 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,392
Solutions: 554

Try to give a call to their customer services.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 9 of 10 (3,843 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
mykle315

thank you!! the Soft/drum-roll start worked. its working like when i first bought it

Message 10 of 10 (3,821 Views)
Please use plain text.